Question about GPS/G data recorded

Drudeboy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On my previous dashcam, a Trancend 220 pro, when I opened the flash card with Registrator it showed G data on the scale below the speed and also showed the GPS reported altitude
On my new SG9665GC, I don't get any G data or altitude recorded. With the Trancend each video file was accompanied by a NMEA file. On the SG9665GC, I assume gps data is embedded in the MOV file?

Would it be possible, within the firmware? or is the hardware not capable?

Personally I think a separate NMEA file is a lot more useful. Don't get me wrong, the video recording is definitely a step up from the 220 pro, but it is a little thumbs down on data logging.

Different recorders use different folders which ships me no end

MPEG 2 or 4 is easy to edit on my computer with different programs

G-Sensor can only trigger to the RO event save and raw G-Sensor data is not able to be logged to be read by registratorviewer

How can it be seen ?
My understanding is it's only used (by the camera F/W) to trigger saving the file to the RO folder but is otherwise not saved.

Could it log G-sensor data?

even if it were modified to do this Registrator Viewer is not configured to display it and getting the program updated is not an option unfortunately since the developer of the software was killed in an accident 18 months ago

even if it were modified to do this Registrator Viewer is not configured to display it and getting the program updated is not an option unfortunately since the developer of the software was killed in an accident 18 months ago

Yes I was aware of this. I meant could the firmware be made to log this g-data, and maybe create an NMEA file. But I think it's already been answered that the G sensor is just used as a threshold to activate protected recording

Yes I was aware of this. I meant could the firmware be made to log this g-data, and maybe create an NMEA file.

not possible at this time, no mention of any change coming from Novatek that might allow for it either so I expect that may never change

Back