F770 max recording time

Usually around 4-6 working days. Could be quicker depends on the area you are in and how busy the engineers covering your area are...

Will a SanDisk Ultra 64Gb card work ok in the F770?
Thanks.

Will a SanDisk Ultra 64Gb card work ok in the F770?
Thanks.

I didn't want to take the risk with my f770 with all the card issues. I have ordered an official thinkware one which is guaranteed to work.

I was going to but I already have a SanDisk 64Gb Ultra so didn't want to waste money buying a Thinkware one (which is also more expensive).
Would be good to hear if people are using the SanDisk.

Its difficult to say if it will work or not as it's possible early ones may work but newer ones won't and vice versa. If you have the card just try it as it won't damage the camera you will just get the 'Memory Card Error - System Restarting' Message

Here's a screenshot of the memory card format settings. Whether you choose type A, B, or C is what will determine how much video is saved before it gets recorded over, and at the bottom you can choose to have certain video types never be overwritten.

The bottom screen are my settings, which with my 64Gb memory card sets aside 34Gb for continuous (driving) recording. I also unchecked the Incident recordings in continuous mode, so if I'm in a crash and for whatever reason the dashcam continues to record the crash footage will never be erased. Although, I believe the F770 has an internal memory card that saves a copy of crash incidents, so I'm not sure if I really need to do that.

So how much time you have really depends on how you choose to setup your recordings, once you know that then you can do the math and get a rough estimate. The F770 records in 1 minute intervals with each about 80Mb in size, and since I'm using Type C, with 53.6% dedicated to continuous recording that roughly translates into 428 minutes. (64Gb * 53.6% = 34.3Gb for cont. rec., 34.3Gb, or 34304Mb divided by 80 Mb = 428 minutes, or about 7 hours.

I think I did my math right, I just know when I review footage I usually only see stuff from a few days ago.

While on the subject does anybody know how to edit the 1 minute videos together, or even better include the rear cam footage overlayed on the front cam footage? I naively assumed the Thinkware software would provide basic video editing tools, but it doesn't. Kinda curious how Blackvue's software compares, because personally I think Thinkware's PC and Android apps are garbage.

Format Settings.jpg

Hi mate, just wondering what sort of card you are using for your F770. I cant seem to get any card work on this cam, every time it comes up with memory card error.

I'm currently using a Lexar 633X 128gb formatted in exfat in mine with front and rear cameras, works perfect.

Apparently there are two versions of this card, any version that has this part number work,

LSDMI128B1EU633R
LSDMI128B1NL633R

Anything that has a (A) at the end doesn't work.

Back