Yi 4K Action Camera --- Research

luckylz

Reaction score
Country
China
Got the Yi 4K days ago, now have some brief result on it, But it has many differences between the 1st gen YiCam. I'll list down something I've found, but still many to discover.

Hope guys who are interesting in this cam can figure out more details together with me!

These are the same as 1st gen YiCam:
Code:
IP Address: 192.168.42.1
Json Port: 7878
Live Stream: rtsp://192.168.42.1/live

Enable Telnet --- put a blank file to the root of SD card, login telnet username as root, no password:
Code:
1st gen: enable_info_display.script
Yi 4K: console_enable.script

Autoexec.ash & Station Mode:
I failed to run the scripts, don't know what's wrong.

Json message examples, they are similar but not 100% the same:
Code:
Yi 4K
>> {"msg_id":257,"param":0,"token":0,"heartbeat":1}
<< {"rval":0,"msg_id":257,"param":1,"model":"Z16","rtsp":"rtsp://192.168.42.1/live"}

1st gen
>> {"msg_id":257,"token":0}
<< {"rval":0,"msg_id":257,"param":1}

Last edited:
is there a way/mod to make yi 4k chinese firmware into english? just like the mod for the first yi camera?

is there a way/mod to make yi 4k chinese firmware into english? just like the mod for the first yi camera?
As I know, if the cams sell to overseas can use the english firmware, if the cams sell in China can not.
If your cam is bought from China with chinese, please don't try to update the english firmware.

Have you tried creating blank save_log_enable.script file at the root?

Yes, there are 2 *.script files dump from firmware, only
Code:
console_enable.script
seems to work.

I suppose you checked if 'cal.txt' Hero4 Session trick works.

Yes, there are 2 *.script files dump from firmware, only
Code:
console_enable.script
seems to work.

Hey, can you post a system dump for the yi 4k? I wanna peek at some of the files but don't own it.

They seem to have made 2 models, a China one and a international English model, and for some strange and really stupid reason they don't seem to be compatible.

They seem to have made 2 models, a China one and a international English model, and for some strange and really stupid reason they don't seem to be compatible.
Yep, you're correct !

I actually don't own the device, but wanted to examine some of the camera driver files. also i unpacked 1.0.9 and it only included kernel files.
What kind of driver files you want to check? and let see what I can do.

how come i cant open the 7878 port? i can telnet to port 23... tried several firmware versions .... but no succes... (on my windows 10 machines)..

I tried both..no succes....

how come i cant open the 7878 port? i can telnet to port 23... tried several firmware versions .... but no succes... (on my windows 10 machines)..

I tried both..no succes....
It needs the token to open data port

Okay... that makes sense.. but how to get the token?
Is there a example how to get this done?

Back