niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Interesting solution for VW group cars.
Auto dimming, rain sensor, etc, - everything stays as original mirror, plus integrated dash camera.
Pay attention on how close are lens to the wind shield, - this will practically eliminate any glare from the front glass.
Price for this unique joy starts from 300usd

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

a9.jpg

a10.jpg

a11.jpg

Source:

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 27&act=url

Last edited:
Re: Dedicated Auto dimming Mirror DVR dash cam for VW cars 1

jokiin said:
nicely done

Yes, idea is good. Most important how good is dash camera related components ?
I think if some factory would start specializing on mass-production those type of dedicated mirror dash cams for each car ( or most popular ones ), then price could drop from 300 to 200 usd.

niko said:
jokiin said:
nicely done

Yes, idea is good. Most important how good is dash camera related components ?
I think if some factory would start specializing on mass-production those type of dedicated mirror dash cams for each car ( or most popular ones ), then price could drop from 300 to 200 usd.

if you said to me build a mirror DVR for a particular make of car it would be easy to make a fantastic product, if you said make it to fit a range of cars though, there has to be some compromises, carrying inventory is what's keeping the price up from an aftermarket perspective as it's hard to accommodate a lot of models per design

at the car show I went to yesterday I was really amazed at the amount of tech they are putting into the OEM mirrors is some cars, particularly the American cars that were there, some very impressive features they're adding and very nicely integrated too, the Japanese brands were lagging badly in this respect which I was really surprised to see, car shows I go to in Australia don't really have much American based product to speak of compared to here so it was very interesting how far they've come in original equipment since I last looked into these

I think its just a matter of time where you can walk into any car dealer shop and ask for similar dedicated mirror dvr specifically for your car, but of course prices will be also sky high.

I have a 2012 Audi Q7 S-Line. Can you please send more details on this mirror. It may fit mine.

draja said:
I have a 2012 Audi Q7 S-Line. Can you please send more details on this mirror. It may fit mine.

There is not much info on it yet. That company who sells and installs them on local Chinese market, they said its just an experimental order they are testing locally. When test finished and feedback is good, then they can sell widely.

All available specs can be seen from photo of the packaging. You may ask "jokiin" if he has time to translate those specs.
If specs are good for you then I can help to buy it.

All very good but in Australia at least one of these would be illegal as you are not allowed to have a screen other than a GPS viewable by the driver when moving.

All the cheapies with a built in screen are included

I had a rear view camera on my Caravan to check for tailgaters and even that was technically illegal if I had it turned on when driving.

Anyway why would you want the screen on when you can see the same thing by looking through the windscreen

That is of course presuming the screen is on all the time and if it is only used for viewing when stopped is OK

Hillbilly said:
All very good but in Australia at least one of these would be illegal as you are not allowed to have a screen other than a GPS viewable by the driver when moving.

All the cheapies with a built in screen are included

I had a rear view camera on my Caravan to check for tailgaters and even that was technically illegal if I had it turned on when driving.

Anyway why would you want the screen on when you can see the same thing by looking through the windscreen

That is of course presuming the screen is on all the time and if it is only used for viewing when stopped is OK

the screen wouldn't stay active while driving, (in Australia at least the issue is not with screens that are a driving aid but entertainment screens that are not allowed to be in view of the driver) mirrors with screens built in are already available as original equipment in some cars, the larger problem with aftermarket mirrors is compliance from the glass used, I'd say 99% of the aftermarket ones have no approvals and wouldn't pass the tests anyway, that's the greater issue

Is there a reason this is volkswagon only? And does it have a secondary output for a rear view cam?

It look like this particular mirror dvr is for VW group cars only which have windshield bracket for oem mirror with rain sensor mount.

The more OEM looking the better, less likely for a target of Smash & Grabs. I think replacing the rear view mirror all together is the way to go. (especially so close to the glass)

Last edited:
Back