Thinking of buying a used x2

ryanprins

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I am looking at buying a used x2 because spec-wise it looks like the best dual channel cam still. reading through this section of the forum I see there are a lot of problems. Is it that people only post in here when they have issues and most were just fine or were these not very reliable?
Thanks

Just like other forums, most of them are people looking for help or have issues with their products. Some of them are even new members and they just threw in a few posts hoping to find a quick solution. I can't speak for all other X2 users but I guess I'm lucky to have a unit that has been working for 2.5 years. I used it in normal driving, parking mode. I didn't have any problems with the transcend cards but when when the word gets out that transcend is not very good. I changed to Kingston and don't have anything so far.
I formatted the cards once a week and I think this is part of the reason why mine is still working well. I came across a Canadian webstore selling X2 and they started to offer good quality Lexar 633x cards now. You might want to do some research from the vendors page.

I didn't have any problems with the transcend cards but when when the word gets out that transcend is not very good. I changed to Kingston and don't have anything so far.
I formatted the cards once a week and I think this is part of the reason why mine is still working well. I came across a Canadian webstore selling X2 and they started to offer good quality Lexar 633x cards now. You might want to do some research from the vendors page.

Who told you Transcend is bad? That's the industry standard card dashcam engineers test with. It's the number 1 recommended card brand on dashcamtalk.

Kingston is alright but has a terrible RMA replacement process.

Lexar started using cheaper materials lately to keep their prices down during the global memory card shortage. I no longer will recommend Lexar until heard otherwise.

I read a bunch of that thread earlier and saw that its coming out next month, but missed the price. I realize it probably wont be finalized until its released but can you give me a rough idea?

I have been working nearly non-stop on a car for 7 months, thousands of hours into it. Planning to start driving it in 3wks. I dont want to be without a dashcam but its already a bit late even if i ordered something now.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

If you are going above 32GB, those 64GB 300x transcend TLC based cards are no longer recommended. (see previous few pages of posts) The new recommended card is Lexar 633x MLC based memory card. Luckily the prices of come way way down on these MLC cards recently. You're still under warranty, I think I'll just help you get the Lexar cards.

I've already pointed this out on another thread started by another user called Bluenose back in Feb. I don't know about the others, I'm just glad my kingston works out.

I think Lexar claimed they support some of the GoPro models. But may be action cam is another story.

Just like other forums, most of them are people looking for help or have issues with their products. Some of them are even new members and they just threw in a few posts hoping to find a quick solution. I can't speak for all other X2 users but I guess I'm lucky to have a unit that has been working for 2.5 years. I used it in normal driving, parking mode. I didn't have any problems with the transcend cards but when when the word gets out that transcend is not very good. I changed to Kingston and don't have anything so far.

Good to hear!
Just a question about how the x2 works. When you hit the button to save an event or tap the camera or the g-sensor activates from an impact what exactly happens?
Does it make the video its recording read only?
Does it create a seperate duplicate video? If so how long?
Do they go in a seperate folder?
Thanks.

There's a "emergency recording" button you can tap on the screen. The cam will automatically put the recording into a separate protected folder which cannot be overwritten which I guess is what you're worrying about. Or alternatively, you can just tap the camera as you said to trigger the g-sensor. But exactly for how many seconds, I forgot.

X2 actually has 3 folders to store your different files. "Normal" - for driving recording, "Parking" - for parking recording, and "Event". The "Event" folder is where it stores the emergency recordings. You can also set how much storage space for each of the folders which I found very useful. I was on a road trip and I basically set the "Parking" storage to min. so I got more space for taking the scenic drive.

I read a bunch of that thread earlier and saw that its coming out next month, but missed the price. I realize it probably wont be finalized until its released but can you give me a rough idea?

I have been working nearly non-stop on a car for 7 months, thousands of hours into it. Planning to start driving it in 3wks. I dont want to be without a dashcam but its already a bit late even if i ordered something now.

SG9663DC will be shipping next month.

Maybe buy a budget dashcam to hold you over.

Back