SG9665GC firmware updates and pre release access

Thanks normm & jokiin, I have download the ZIP File ok but I must be doing something wrong because I cant open or unzip the file. I double clicked on the ZIP File but get message "The file SG9665GC-V2 Firmware Update latest cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents. Word found unreadable content.

Yes jokiin I will wait now that you have confirmed camera is up to date, just need to know how to do it when new versions comes out.

for future reference don't double click the zip file, right click and choose extract all, if you're getting an error message from Word it's due to not having file associations setup correctly on your computer

Finally found the extract all function. All works now and now some of the last 94 pages make sense. I will wait for the next update and try the remaining steps.

Thank you Jokiin for your speady responses

no problem, it's safe to use if you want to, you might not want to test the fixes related to high speed GPS while double demerits are in force though :p

I see that the rename SGGCV2.bin to SGGCV2.BIN for linux-users has again been removed from the Upgrade instructions.
Any reason?

I see that the rename SGGCV2.bin to SGGCV2.BIN for linux-users has again been removed from the Upgrade instructions.
Any reason?

hasn't been removed as such, I must have copied an older version of that file when creating the current zip file, another update coming soon so I'll make a note of looking for that when I do the next one

hasn't been removed as such, I must have copied an older version of that file when creating the current zip file, another update coming soon so I'll make a note of looking for that when I do the next one

Will there be a release version coming soon or another beta?

Ok, I was confused this morning. I forgot if it had to be caps or not, looked in the instructions, then tried the non-caps, didn't work, then tried SGGV2.BIN.
yes without the C, so that didn't work :p

After some cursing and formatting noticed my mistake and all worked peachy. :whistle:

OK, thanks. What's in store in the coming change log?

change to the file save process, a new calibration process we're testing, and a menu structure change, some other stuff as well but these are the main things we need to test before the next step

link in first post updated to new beta

changed to single page menu structure instead of having to press menu twice to get to the second menu or having to exit the first menu to get back in to get to the second menu it's all on one page and can scroll up from the bottom first even when first entering the menu, (did this to make things easier as so many people had trouble understanding that there were two pages to the menu)

changed the file save process (needs testing) so that if the recorded segment is less than half way through it saves the current and previous file, if the recorded segment is more than half way through it saves the current and next file

changed to single page menu structure instead of having to press menu twice to get to the second menu or having to exit the first menu to get back in to get to the second menu it's all on one page and can scroll up from the bottom first even when first entering the menu, (did this to make things easier as so many people had trouble understanding that there were two pages to the menu)

changed the file save process (needs testing) so that if the recorded segment is less than half way through it saves the current and previous file, if the recorded segment is more than half way through it saves the current and next file
Hi.

Like the sound of the changes you have mentioned. Especially the change to the file save process.

When would you expect this to be changed from beta, to a stable update?

Thanks

menu, (did this to make things easier as so many people had trouble understanding that there were two pages to the menu)
Valid reason. I find it harder this way.
How do we test this?

Hi.

Like the sound of the changes you have mentioned. Especially the change to the file save process.

has been on the to-do list for a while

When would you expect this to be changed from beta, to a stable update?

the betas generally are stable, we don't release them with known problems, we're still working on some things though for next release

Oh now I get it. Its the process for the LOCK button!

Good stuff fella.......... Could you also change the text format in that post to standard because its too hard to read fluently

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R SG9665GC 1
Brent. SG9665GC 17
A SG9665GC 100
jokiin SG9665GC 24
jokiin SG9665GC 154
Back