iPhone 7 problems viewing recordings, iPhone 4s and 5 working fine

tags

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Very strange problem. Everything works fine on iPhone 4s and iPhone 5. On iPhone 7, I can connect to the cam and see live video but the app crashes when you select any of the recordings menus. The apple spinners shows for a moment and then crashes.

On iPhone 4s and 5, it works flawlessly every time. iPhone 7, app crashes every time.

Has anybody got it working with iPhone7? Anybody know what the issue could be?

Thanks

yes, tried that. tried rebooting phone. all other apps closed. same result every time

Any update on this? Looking to pull the trigger but my household are purely iPhone 7 users

Last edited:
My iphone7 works just fine. I've connected, downloaded video, exported it to the photo roll and then used iMovie on the phone to make a clip and upload it to Vimeo.

I'm on whatever the latest iOS happens to be.

Very strange problem. Everything works fine on iPhone 4s and iPhone 5. On iPhone 7, I can connect to the cam and see live video but the app crashes when you select any of the recordings menus. The apple spinners shows for a moment and then crashes.

On iPhone 4s and 5, it works flawlessly every time. iPhone 7, app crashes every time.

Has anybody got it working with iPhone7? Anybody know what the issue could be?

Thanks

The only way I was able to get mine to work was to do a full restore on my iPhone 7 and setup phone like a new one with nothing on it, I tried using a iCloud backup but that didn't work either.

I know it's ridiculous but that's the only way I could get mine to work.

This looks like it may be to do with the phone time format. If the phone is in 12hr mode the app seems to crash. If the iphone is on 24hr time it seems to work fine. A fix will be coming!!

This looks like it may be to do with the phone time format. If the phone is in 12hr mode the app seems to crash. If the iphone is on 24hr time it seems to work fine. A fix will be coming!!

I think you could be right about this, when you reset an iphone it goes stright into 24hr time, i normlly change it to 12hr as i like that format. But once i reset i didnt change anything and it connected no problem.

When i reset the iphone i tried to connect and it was able to no problem. The only thing i changed was the time to 12hr. But i need to check to see what happens.

Have you tried to connect in 12hr time mode? And does it crash?

I can confirm that by changing the time to 24 hr it now works. I could never get my ipad to connect, changed from 12hr to 24hr and now it works.

Not to be the fly in the ointment but my iPhone7 has always been on 12-hour time and I've had no issues with the app... *shrug*

Not to be the fly in the ointment but my iPhone7 has always been on 12-hour time and I've had no issues with the app... *shrug*

You must be the only one with it working on the 12 hr time.

You must be the only one with it working on the 12 hr time.
*shrug* Unlikely, but if that's what you want to think that's fine.

I'd just hate for the software folks to think they've identified the root cause and get surprised if that's not in fact it.

I've never kept any phones on 24hr time, always on 12hr time. Thinkware dashcam app has worked fine with my iphone7 when viewing videos on the F770, as well as when downloading from the F770 and then viewing those videos from the Videos Downloaded folder in the app.

App version 2.1.8 (599), iOS 10.3.1, Settings->General->Date&Time->24-Hour Time is Off.

*shrug* Unlikely, but if that's what you want to think that's fine.

I'd just hate for the software folks to think they've identified the root cause and get surprised if that's not in fact it.

I've never kept any phones on 24hr time, always on 12hr time. Thinkware dashcam app has worked fine with my iphone7 when viewing videos on the F770, as well as when downloading from the F770 and then viewing those videos from the Videos Downloaded folder in the app.

App version 2.1.8 (599), iOS 10.3.1, Settings->General->Date&Time->24-Hour Time is Off.

We need more input from other people who have had problems using there iPhone, iPad etc.

I tested this myself, my iPad has been on 12hr time and could never get the app to work. I did what was suggested by maddog1974 by changing the time and it works. I changed it back to 12hr and it started crashing again.

Same thing with my iPhone 7, I normally have it on 12hr time as I prefer that view. Tried that in 12hr mode, constant crashing. Changed to 24hr and works every time.

I don't know what else to say but for me it only works in 24hr format.

I'm on iOS 10.3.1

Indeed, more information from folks who have the issue and folks who do not have the issue will all be beneficial to the software folks.

I'm happy to answer any questions regarding apps and so forth though a "list all your apps" question might take a while to answer. :)

When I got my iphone7 I set it up as new rather than restored from a backup of my iphone6. It's never been jailbroken and just has fairly typical stuff loaded.

Who's updated there iPhone app to v2.2.3?

Still working great with my iphone7. Just double checked watching a parking mode video and a normal mode video from the camera; then downloaded both successfully and viewed them.

App v2.2.3, iOS 10.3.2

Back