[Review]Vico-Opia 2 (VicoVation)

Thanks.. It's just a beast though. Not at all esthetically pleasing, at least to my eye :)
CRS

I agree, one of the reasons I returned mine.

I agree, one of the reasons I returned mine.
If I like the camera ( I ordered one ). I might see about retrofitting a smaller one. The tricky thing is not getting any Lens vignetting, being such a wide angle lens. It looks like Vico has a small CPL that goes with another model of theirs with what looks like the same size lens.
CRS

If I like the camera ( I ordered one ). I might see about retrofitting a smaller one. The tricky thing is not getting any Lens vignetting, being such a wide angle lens. It looks like Vico has a small CPL that goes with another model of theirs with what looks like the same size lens.
CRS
The 30mm VicoVation CPL might be a little too small. If you were able to get the filter right up against the lens, you might be OK. The Vico-MF3 has a 150 degree FOV and the 30mm CPL screws right on and works great, but if used on the new Vico-MF1, which has a 160 degree FOV, you will get some vignetting.
Best bet would probably be to get a step up adapter just slightly larger than the lens housing on the Opia2, then find some kind of gasket/o-ring to fill the gap for a tight fit. Maybe a step up to 37mm CPL?

The 30mm VicoVation CPL might be a little too small. If you were able to get the filter right up against the lens, you might be OK. The Vico-MF3 has a 150 degree FOV and the 30mm CPL screws right on and works great, but if used on the new Vico-MF1, which has a 160 degree FOV, you will get some vignetting.
Best bet would probably be to get a step up adapter just slightly larger than the lens housing on the Opia2, then find some kind of gasket/o-ring to fill the gap for a tight fit. Maybe a step up to 37mm CPL?
Great suggestion. I'll just go over to Samys Camera here in LA and see what I can find.
CRS

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Vico-Opia2 2
M Vico-Opia2 11
N Vico-Opia2 2
hyperm3 Vico-Opia2 3
Milamber Vico-Opia2 5
Back