VIOFO A119 (production) feature requests and bug reports

What about a wireless remote that fits on the steering wheel like the parrot hands free car kit. Having the buttons on the steering wheel would be much better for the driver to turn on and off voice and other buttons.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What about a wireless remote that fits on the steering wheel like the parrot hands free car kit. Having the buttons on the steering wheel would be much better for the driver to turn on and off voice and other buttons.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Unfortunately wireless isn't reliable as the interior of a car is very noisy (electrically), plus it adds bulk, higher power requirements, and more cpu load to the camera. More likely to happen would be a wired remote that you can mount wherever you want - my choice would be on the console next to the shifter.

Feature request:

When you set the GPS to off, actually make it OFF. No more hidden GPS data in our files please.

I find it disturbing the GPS continues to record location/speed after being turned off and secretly embeds it into the video file.

I can hardly see the red light of the REC button on a bright day. I think a dob of white paint on the upper surface of it would fix by reflecting more of its light down on the button. I am not brave enough to get at the led to do it myself but would be easy at assembly time. Is it feasible Viofo?

It visible to me at the front of the car, but just barely. If I were to mount one to the rear or side, I would like something a little brighter. When I have a mobius at the back, I check the rear view mirror from time to time to see if the device is running. I only got mine a few weeks ago and haven't played around the screen saver option, but I would reluctant to set as none for screen saver (if there is such an option) as I suppose it would burn out the screen and reduce how discreet it looks.

Possible problem;

Today and yesterday it was powering on and off during the drive. I don't know if it got loose from the GPS mount with hitting a pothole. When I press the emergency button, it seems to provoke the issue. Also once the sensor detects an issues, it drops power and starts up. I changed it from not being as sensitive.

Before the drive, I will just confirm its firmly on the GPS mount. Also, it could be I was using the USB port from my vehicle.

Feature Suggestions
  1. Customiseable chimes. This way if you can tell if you have two or more in the car, which one have powered on. I look at the LCD display before I start to drive and if I had one in the back, would look at that when backing up. However, it would be pain to check the displays on the cameras on the left or right. I guess it would be noisy to have four different chimes go off at the same time.
  2. A text file showing events when the Sensor detects an event or if one press the emergency file. If I press the emergency button, I have to look at three minutes of video. It would be nice to know what at what time the camera detected or the user declared something happened.

I have two in the same car and I can hear each startup chime clearly, and can really tell them apart just from where the sound comes from.

That said I do keep the screen on full time for the rear cam so I can easily look in the rearview and see that it's running, since I can only just barely see the rear camera's red rec light at night, and not at all during the day.

Back