Can the DR650GW-2CH which was bought before April still have the latest Firmware

SixNineFourSixSeven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR650GW-2CH
I have tried OTA updates.
The Blackvue reboots and when it restarts V1.0009 is still there.
I have tried to put the new Firmware on the SD card from my Mac but when i insert the card into the cam it tells me the version is different and won't boot up?

I'm not bothered about the cloud service but hearing that the Bitrate has improved by 2mbps and that i can adjust the recording level of the microphone recording interests me.

I actually downgraded my firmware a while back... Newer was was all jacked up and the GPS wasn't reading. Adjusting the mic level sounds interesting though. Better video quality doesn't really appeal. I actually run mine on the lowest video quality to make reviews on my phone super quick. Higher quality takes forever to stream via wifi with all the buffering.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wish I could assist with the update problem. Maybe I'll try it today and see if I have the same issue

I tried to update from 1.09 to 2.07 using the app... No dice. Won't update for me either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I had that issue when trying to update my new DR650S; wiped and placed firmware on again...still didnt work. Then I realized that the 650S has different firmware than the 650 in my other car.

I will try with my 650 right meow (haha ok. bad joke).

p.s. I have always had issues interfacing with SD/microSD cards from my Mac (rMBP 15). I often switch to Windows since many of the cards can't be read by my Mac after they have been running in the dashcams (DR650, DR650S, Lukas LK-7900, etc).

Any ideas why I can download the update to my phone, initiate the update on the cam, get a message that it moved the update on to the cam, but won't actually update?

I've got the same problem. I had 2.0 installed on my early 650 (so I'm guessing manufactured in April, 2015). I tried to upgrade to 2.07 via the app several times. It would upload, but the camera would reboot and still have the old version installed. So I removed the SD card, formatted it, and placed a fresh install of 2.07 on it. Now I'm getting the dreaded "version information is different". I tried the English/Korea swap trick thinking maybe I had a Korean version originally and just didn't remember, but that didn't work either. Now I'm stuck, and I don't have 2.0 that I can put back onto the card. Lesson learned - always upgrade with a second SD card.

Why can't you just wipe it an download an earlier version on to the SD card?

So that's exactly what I did. I downgraded to 1.011 (legacy) without a problem. On a whim, I then tried to upgrade to 2.0o7 - and it worked! For whatever reason, 2.0->2.007 it didn't like, but 2.0->1.011->2.007 it did.

Odd... How do you like the new version?

After all the upgrade woes, and sending the SN and MAC address to pittssoft to get a cloud key, they responded saying my unit is pre-April 2015 and not compatible. I could have sworn I played around with the cloud service when 2.0 was first released, but perhaps not.

Pittasoft told me to contact the seller and ask for a wifi module upgrade. I sent that email about an hour ago. I have low expectations. I'm expecting the upgrade to be close to the cost of buying a new camera, or for the seller to not have any awareness about an upgrade program and offer to sell me a new one.

I'm now in research mode to see if any other manufacturers are offering cloud based / remote steaming functions.

You probably did play with the cloud service. I had a pre 2015 camera (purchased Dec 2014). I had problems with it and was advised to download firmware v2.002, which had the cloud features on it.

So that's exactly what I did. I downgraded to 1.011 (legacy) without a problem. On a whim, I then tried to upgrade to 2.0o7 - and it worked! For whatever reason, 2.0->2.007 it didn't like, but 2.0->1.011->2.007 it did.

I'm having the same issue about not being able to upgrade to 2.007

I played with the cloud features long ago 2.xxx - posted my thoughts here hated it so reverted to 1.xxx

Saw the 2.007 now has better video bitrate so tried everything to go from 1.009 to 2.007 with absolutely no luck - the only thing that has worked was moving to 1.011

But unlike andrewket, I still cannot move from 1.011 to 2.007

Will contact support to see if my cams, which once could use cloud, can no longer use cloud due to April 2015 cutoff - will be annoyed if I can't update back to cloud

After all the upgrade woes, and sending the SN and MAC address to pittssoft to get a cloud key, they responded saying my unit is pre-April 2015 and not compatible. I could have sworn I played around with the cloud service when 2.0 was first released, but perhaps not.

Pittasoft told me to contact the seller and ask for a wifi module upgrade. I sent that email about an hour ago. I have low expectations. I'm expecting the upgrade to be close to the cost of buying a new camera, or for the seller to not have any awareness about an upgrade program and offer to sell me a new one.

I'm now in research mode to see if any other manufacturers are offering cloud based / remote steaming functions.

They told me same thing and that it was free, I sent the distributor the email from blackvue and I was told to wait lol they would get back to me once confirming who is paying for the "internal WiFi swap" is what he called it. I'm not holding my breath.

Back