Old Vs New Dash Cams; Night time J walker and U turn

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
Got my new a119 last week and installed on Friday. Took it for a test run

Wanted to test my A119 to check the accuracy of the speed on the GPS and encountered a few things. First a jay walker starts to cross the street before the lights change to green and then crosses the other side before on a red light. All this done during the night.

On the return trip, encounter a near collision with someone making a u turn.

The Jaywalker is hardly visible on my 3 and half year dash cam, an Iroad 3300 ch. On my new A119, the jaywalker is visible. Really good night vision and a wider lens.

Audio removed due to discussion

That's quite a difference. I'm wondering if at least some of it is due to frequent lens cleaning and micro scratches? In any case a huge improvement there.

That's quite a difference. I'm wondering if at least some of it is due to frequent lens cleaning and micro scratches? In any case a huge improvement there.
Lens on my old camera has never been cleaned but it should. The event button become worn out and I need to give it a pretty hard hit to work. The Iroad I have is a cylinder type of camera and I have to give it a firm hold and press the event button with my thumb. I may have touched the lens a few times.

I cleaned the inside of the windshield before mounting the a119, but the lens is on iroad is due for some much needed cleaning.

The finger prints and dust which have accumulated over the years make an unfair comparison. I will upload a video after a lens cleaning.

Back