Viofo A119(S) GPS Mount Rocking Easy Fix

dingmah

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've come up with an easy solution to the rocking GPS mount fix. Just use a small zip tie and wedge into the gap on the right side of the mount and dash cam. My method using a small zip tie as a wedge removes all rocking. Watch my video to see how effective it is.

The new A119 V2 shipping next week will contain custom die cut 0.5mm EVA foam pads. All you need to do is add one piece to the camera side and the mount will remain snug. (Vibration/Wobble free)

I should have some spare EVA pads to send OCD Tronic customers as needed soon as well. (And can create an accessory listing for others)

06326be6b0e4da90df9bfb673f2861d3.jpg

I squashed a small amount of Blu-Tack between the cam and module on mine. My car has aftermarket stiff engine mounts so it was vibrating like crazy.

A cheap and easy fix that I have used now successfully in many cameras for many weeks is to take a piece of half-inch double sided self-stick Velcro (the kind you use to wrap around cables that sticks to itself) and cut them in 1 ¼ inch lengths. I cut these in half and then trim them so that they fit neatly between the camera and the mount with the camera in place. To the side that is going next to the camera I put a tiny piece of scotch 33 professional electrical tape (Operates in temperatures ranging from 0 to 221 degrees F) to insulate the camera and provide a little extra thickness. I then slide these small pieces between the camera and the mount with the camera attached on the windshield. There should be enough room on both sides for this small piece of Velcro to be pushed into the gap. After that there is no motion between the camera and the mount. I have not had the problem of failure to record since I have done that.

Alternatively you can do the same thing with two small pieces of 3M VHB double-sided tape material–here I use 5952 sheet material, leaving the red cover attached and removing the other side, attaching the adhesive to the camera.

The following picture show the camera with that two pieces of Velcro in place where they would be once attached (you put these on with the camera on the mount though), the side view of what one of the pieces looks like once inserted between the camera in the mount, the half-inch Velcro that I used, and the same type of process with the VHB Material.
IMG_0289.JPGIMG_0293.JPGIMG_0296.JPGIMG_0296.JPG IMG_0297.JPG IMG_0298.JPG IMG_0301.JPG

Last edited:
Back