Language Error: Chinese Yi Dash Cam

download firmware and update firmware to cam: http://www.xiaoyi.com/yi_dash_camera/images/CC11B/FWCARC12.bin
intruction up firmware: http://www.xiaoyi.com/yi_dash_camera/firmware.html
8-32G Class10 Micro SD card
Upgrade steps:
First, first in the format SD card .
On the PC, select the FAT32 file system and the 64KB allocation
unit size.
1. Download the firmware FWCARC12.bin to the SD card root directory, to ensure that The file name is FWCARC12.bin
2. Insert the SD card into the tan drive recorder version of the power card slot
3. Connect the power to start the driving recorder power version
4. Idle driving recorder power version of the lower right corner yellow light flashing, but the screen will not Bright
(if you do not see the yellow light flashing, please use the paper to poke the right side of the fuselage USB port below the Reset hole)
5. Wait for 1-5 minutes, the small ant traffic recorder power version will complete the upgrade and start successfully
6. Start success Please use the dummy driving recorder power version format SD card, otherwise the next start will enter the upgrade process.
* Note: the entire upgrade process do not shut down or power off

After up firmware your cam display still in pink screen error language. Then follow steps:
1. Create 2 empty files with notepad with filenames:
engmode
AAA222CCC.txt
2. Create SN.txt take the serial number from the unit only 14 digits start from the left (original CN S/N).
3. Copy 3 file to micro SDcard, insert the micro SDcard in the camera and connect power. And wait display show s/n, turn off power and restart. Done.

I did the first step and i still get the pink screen. i have repeatedly pressed the reset button.

My serial number CABAAACNCG1648

download firmware and update firmware to cam: http://www.xiaoyi.com/yi_dash_camera/images/CC11B/FWCARC12.bin
intruction up firmware: http://www.xiaoyi.com/yi_dash_camera/firmware.html
8-32G Class10 Micro SD card
Upgrade steps:
First, first in the format SD card .
On the PC, select the FAT32 file system and the 64KB allocation
unit size.
1. Download the firmware FWCARC12.bin to the SD card root directory, to ensure that The file name is FWCARC12.bin
2. Insert the SD card into the tan drive recorder version of the power card slot
3. Connect the power to start the driving recorder power version
4. Idle driving recorder power version of the lower right corner yellow light flashing, but the screen will not Bright
(if you do not see the yellow light flashing, please use the paper to poke the right side of the fuselage USB port below the Reset hole)
5. Wait for 1-5 minutes, the small ant traffic recorder power version will complete the upgrade and start successfully
6. Start success Please use the dummy driving recorder power version format SD card, otherwise the next start will enter the upgrade process.
* Note: the entire upgrade process do not shut down or power off

After up firmware your cam display still in pink screen error language. Then follow steps:
1. Create 2 empty files with notepad with filenames:
engmode
AAA222CCC.txt
2. Create SN.txt take the serial number from the unit only 14 digits start from the left (original CN S/N).
3. Copy 3 file to micro SDcard, insert the micro SDcard in the camera and connect power. And wait display show s/n, turn off power and restart. Done.

#Tran Chung, I've try to follow your recommended until step 4 but the yellow light never flashing and I also try to reset my cam. but still can't still show the red screen with Chinese language until light power is disappear. I have no idea how to recover my cam back to CN version.
PS. My cam S/N CABAAACNC01650011682

Last edited:
SAME problem on CABA trying to go back to chinese firmware ,the .bin files of the chinese and usa emergency version install ok but then im stuck with this screens ,using the three files to change the serial dont work ,it will go straight to the pink screens ...
ideas?thanx
voy6Rq1De-CUo8129hZlJMOFYgVmMh-oRkSGOfr38B_2wMRZKQes3pal5AXbw7uz62oX8UIj3hZZR68_lMizOZ2mupJ5y2No4ioxctAaOsTmPgBEpuFXI6AYY2tNHA51VDwtfj338bQOsSEEQVkeJ8au6a9LA9mLMwtjRWhE5iHy05THREMNroLHQ3929HZGh5_VkXNav_qimr9LsCMAvjaraKx7BCxUkLLJkEK1KWF1zVvGci1pS2APyDGwIZ6XHNZNTbvrRJlnf1fqIrBLDNeMP5OgKA5dKcemkfO-G9Yn4Kf8CsFRMsR4uaWrNrtrMyFn3oHy9dOw8YDSFVHm3kqALGmlvchnhq7B1PQOxSDpQdMnCAlLRXVY5hJTpP-V7R-yY-mL00sG_WLwHb9UUG3vO3-1W3qUW8Vscwu6AqOBt64tBk-wDnx-BuRZMnYlAeOFvOgl1bmpqQ1tgB1kyw9lzjSJim_WGm3g4pheEg7r-IAtagDVKie_0I8s0JM4ut4GQaCW2LE5Zs2b1p_JKg60OGJRllwZEZcKGclkZEP7_gCmEmpkL6dufajsaNR6LwzfCYeMYt7YtZWvJ7_3uwJSxI6PsDLpo3zAdk2ARGFj6EFoqMgQVg=w851-h638-no
w3a-fNF4mAOxARSGc-D5a7FuinySzBSW-XaayjYYe7Hq3MeRivVOqsdCa3S-DKRX_Sj0L8vJrRCp3i-CERmTzCeEuB4XKY_PMuXtMJgS1I1vPyngLbDHrvGSFbVngqA4-3pLv92RzkeOKRY1Uqb00vjyTWY3EqHSJqWCkzPdzAlZZQKkqLpHH10sv4jeIDYEp0SM8teribdwVb4EkpeRfaEh9tfMy1X3cJMEoJz4NlGLDYyc1yt7I74Bc17h-mYO1czKsuZ0IVw10Qt6bMbxQd-_NdgQJhbyA8W3LSRI1Ei0RFsbQtJJhPBt9OS6oA5GAbygbJ0b3HWZVePXyF5ZuaWDkZk_VZZ59cWSskl7ibELK_pqNgWAWLyMiJillw3ms-Y4mXU1aAlUhdyXQr2OOt8fOotaayJPZL8Ge7PRb_YzEBJGYAe831wbfhBZS-OfgW4upzesZ1lGvhQmcAdRk3XAIlXWCC-qaVKdagY-hM48uL6G5bBDlFKIv8ZUddOM2yL8GLng4VREeBIEDiwp-1Wbl0PqEHvN3YNZtjU9YZJE6ZZwUAmo9Pjpw63vzEQJFHsW8xGppOqN73RS9Yyx5v0WyMohTh6N0ykAIeB7y6tSp_c6tQ=w851-h638-no

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Having issue with my yi dashcam. While changing the language from Chinese to English, Got the serial number change from CN to US but now I'm stuck between "System language adaptation fail Access denied" and "Yi see different." Logo.

Any thoughts on how to fix this to go back to CN version and have the camera working?

here are the details of my dashcam.

upload_2017-3-20_1-18-13.png

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ddr... That looks complicated. Any other solution?

If not working after flashing US and CN then only repair via UART because you can't run engmode.

If not working after flashing US and CN then only repair via UART because you can't run engmode.

@ddr, looks like the same issue in which engmode SN became invalid. If I remember it right after channge of SN. (blue screen) serial has invalid character. Ive trying flashing using US and CN FW but still error in pic. checking the UART, bit complicated for me. any simple explanation/method? on what I need to have to do UART or any method?

your help is very much appreciated.

@ddr, looks like the same issue in which engmode SN became invalid. If I remember it right after channge of SN. (blue screen) serial has invalid character. Ive trying flashing using US and CN FW but still error in pic. checking the UART, bit complicated for me. any simple explanation/method? on what I need to have to do UART or any method?

your help is very much appreciated.

Only UART.

Back