NovaTrakt: Extract GPS data from your Viofo A119 [Windows]

It has been brought to my attention that NovaTrakt is compatible with VIOFO A119S running version 1.0.1 firmware, and suspect NovaTrakt 2.3 is compatible with A119S running version 1.2 firmware.
I do not currently own an A119S so am unable to test this.

I will update to the latest version of firmware my A119S and try it again.

confirmed,
NovaTrakt-v2.3 correctly extracts GPS data from A119S (1080P30) firmware v1.0.1 and also the newer firmware v1.2
Once NovaTrakt is sync'd for A119 firmware updates it will also work on A119S corresponding firmware updates.

Fantastic news! Thank you very much for testing it :)

Thanks for this utility. Just got a A119 and so far it's working great in combo with RV.

I'm assuming there is no timezone info stored in the MP4 though? I noticed that the GPX has my local time written, when technically it should be UTC as far as I know.
Not a big deal, I just have to leave RV's timezone set at UTC, but maybe a nice option to be able to tell NovaTrakt the timezone so it can adjust on conversion?

Actually, just hit a snag with one of my files, though GPS data seems fine in DV. I'm using an A119 on 2.02 but one file of a set threw this:

Code:
2017-03-10 03:18:44.450 8    Info:    Processing file: 2017_0310_093819_005.MP4
2017-03-10 03:18:44.455 8    GPS Data:    Time: 9:38:18 AM    Date: 10/03/2017    Active: A    Latitude: xxx    Longitude: xxx    Speed: 0.04115552
2017-03-10 03:18:44.472 8    Verbose:    Firmware 1.1 has issue with day. Getting day of month from file. Selected: 10
2017-03-10 03:18:44.475 8    ERROR:    Unable to process file: 2017_0310_093819_005.MP4
2017-03-10 03:18:44.476 8    ERROR:    An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file.

Tying in with my last comment about the timezone, because I've set RV to UTC to counter for the time in the GPX, without the GPX, RV seems to take the timezone from the file which it adjusts back to UTC as set, then throwing the timeline out.

Last edited:
Hi,

NovaTrakt doesn't manipulate the date in anyway, it takes it exactly as is it written in the MP4 GPS data.
If you look in the GPX file (can open it in any plain text editor) the date and time should match with the printed date and time (possibly a second earlier, as the camera takes a second to print the stamp)

As for the second issue, I'm not sure why NovaTrakt has decided you have a v1.1 file, but I suspect this maybe the cause of the issue.

Would you mind sending me the file so I can take a look? Most people use Google Drive/Dropbox/etc as the files are quite large. Please send to robert@robtrehy.co.uk

Thanks

Yeah, Novatrakt is doing what it should, the time is correct as per the MP4.

It was just my understanding that the GPX standard format has all times in GMT (and being GMT should also end with Z). I don't think it supports timezone offsets at all.

So if NovaTrakt extracted GPX were to be properly compliant, it would need to adjust the time back to GMT on conversion.
Without knowing the timezone from the source file, I guess the user would have to select what timezone the file was recorded in manually before processing.

Just putting the idea out there anyway.

As for the dodgy MP4, I'll see if I still have it. Was just testing so may be deleted already. So far it's been the only one.

Version 2.4 - Released: 30/03/2017
- General bug fixes

Version 3 is now in final development and alpha testing.
I may end up asking for a few beta testers from various corners of the globe before release. Watch this space.

Maybe you can implement a check button for automatically Start of Registrator Viewer after Novatrakt processing is finished if Registrator Viewer is in the same folder with NovaTrakt.

enjoy,
Mtz

Maybe you can implement a check button for automatically Start of Registrator Viewer after Novatrakt processing is finished if Registrator Viewer is in the same folder with NovaTrakt.

enjoy,
Mtz

Version 2 is feature locked. Wait until you see version 3 ;)

Fantastic achievement is such a short period of time. You sir deserve a raise in salary for the time, effort and dedication spent creating something every VIOFO dashcam owner will be using. Combining the Extractor Utility and GPS Map Viewer is far beyond the skill of anyone in this forum, expect another donation from me once Beta Testing is over. Soon you can expand the GPS Support to include all the major dashcam vendors, I know of three that badly need this type of GPS development.
well done Sir !

We're close to the release of the BETA for version 3.

I'm in a teasing mood today, so here is a cheeky little screenshot ;)

View attachment 30408

Thanks BC :)

As there is potential for quite a few bugs, depending on regional settings etc. I'm going to release NovaTrakt3 using a private BETA to start with.
The whole program has been re-written from scratch, using a different technology for displaying the output to one I used previously. Not only does it look nicer, it should scale better too!
Therefore I'd like to test under controlled conditions to start with.

If you would like to take part in the BETA, please sign-up using the form linked to below.
Please note; completing the form does not guarantee a place in the BETA.
"Applicants" will be selected based on certain parameters so that I can test effectively.
You will be contacted with information if successful.

You will be able to run the BETA alongside NovaTrakt2.
All features from version 2 are available inside of 3 BETA.

Last edited:
Good point!

It's completely standalone from Version 2.

Good point!

It's completely standalone from Version 2.

ok, I wasn't clear on what you had put together, this is something like Registrator Viewer where you can just pull the files in and play with mapping etc or it needs to run some sort of process on the files first?

Version 3 operates much like Registrator Viewer, or a basic version of it that only supports A119 and A119s!

beta-tease-jpg.30408

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RobTrehy A119 28
S A119 107
Back