It's so nice to have date/time stamp

MorkdeNY

Reaction score
Country
United States
As the title suggests, I am thankful for the date/time stamp Why? I recently brought my 2016 Acura in for a service that I thought would be covered under warranty. Acura ordered a part that turned out not to be needed. However 'the Book" says the replacement of said part allows for 1.5Hrs labor. Well the Street Guardian dated and time stamped all of 13 minutes that the SUV was "worked on", (the part was not replaced) from the entry to the lift to the wash bay. Acura popped me for over $200 labor to re-connect a hood release cable. Now the funny thing... this visit was scheduled as part of an Acura Mystery Shop visit. Revenge served cold coming up...this is going to be fun.

I think the sad part was not what they were trying to charge you but the fact that they were trying to charge you at all, whatever happened to manufacturers warranty, a bit rude

I think I'll be seeing that $200 refunded shortly. I'll probably invest it......in a rear facing SG9665GC :)

I think the sad part was not what they were trying to charge you but the fact that they were trying to charge you at all, whatever happened to manufacturers warranty, a bit rude

My Honda Dealership unplugged (cigarette lighter) mine at the last service, first time they have done that in the last 4 years.
I'll have to look at hooking it up via fuse jumper to the dash fuse box.

My Honda Dealership unplugged (cigarette lighter) mine at the last service, first time they have done that in the last 4 years.
I'll have to look at hooking it up via fuse jumper to the dash fuse box.

my dealer unplugged everything at the camera end when they could have just pulled the cig socket, they ripped cables out without taking the camera off which I was most annoyed about, I normally take them out when it is getting serviced as I don't particularly want to check up on them anyway, next service will be interesting though as I have 4 cameras in at the moment and they're all hardwired now

Put a dummy plug in the ciggy socket, that they can yank all day :)

Back