Fix for loose GPS mount?

HardNougat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119
Hi all,

As most of you have probably noticed, the GPS windshield mount for the A119 fits pretty loosely onto the camera itself. Anyone have a good DIY solution to this? In some cases the screen starts flickering because contact between the cam and mount isn't very solid. I was thinking of adding small 3m strips to the inside of the mount.

Thanks

Hi all,

As most of you have probably noticed, the GPS windshield mount for the A119 fits pretty loosely onto the camera itself. Anyone have a good DIY solution to this? In some cases the screen starts flickering because contact between the cam and mount isn't very solid. I was thinking of adding small 3m strips to the inside of the mount.

Thanks
my gps mount was so tight, i had a hell of a time getting the camera back off! the non-gps mount was nowhere near as tight.

but the solution is to apply a thin (thin meaning less than 1mm) layer of adhesive foam or felt either to the mount or the camera itself to take up the slack. don't get it too thick or you will create a gap between the pins on the GPS mount and the camera body, and you could also stress the plastic on the mount or camera body and cause it to weaken and actually end up making the looseness/rattle much worse.

If you bought yours from OCD Tronic I can send you 0.5 mm custom cut EVA foam to stick on the back side of the camera. We'll be making this available as an accessory for sale soon as well.

71feaec62a06919ee5052831c215a253.jpg

This was my solution! Just a thin strip of velcro (the soft fuzzy side) On the top edge (photo has camera sideways)
DashCamMountFix.jpg

If you bought yours from OCD Tronic I can send you 0.5 mm custom cut EVA foam to stick on the back side of the camera. We'll be making this available as an accessory for sale soon as well.

71feaec62a06919ee5052831c215a253.jpg
How much are you selling these for please? My dad has the A119 v1. I live in the UK so p&p costs how much?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

How much are you selling these for please? My dad has the A119 v1. I live in the UK so p&p costs how much?

Probably a lot cheaper to just visit your local craft store and buy some very thin adhesive foam or felt and do it yourself as someone did above with a piece of Velcro.

Try some blu-tac.

Probably a lot cheaper to just visit your local craft store and buy some very thin adhesive foam or felt and do it yourself as someone did above with a piece of Velcro.

Try some blu-tac.

Yeah, pretty much anything would work to stabilize the camera. Most people probably have something lying around the house already that would do the trick.

I used a small piece of 3M VHB tape but left the red protective tape layer on it for a similar cushioning, gap filling purpose.

Thanks guys for your advice I might give the velcro one a go thanks BlackCloud :)

Private message me your shipping address and I will do a custom UK quote and list this on my main website so you can check out

Back