x2 Faults

Mossman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've had my camera for 2 weeks, for a week it worked great. Now I'm getting a couple of issues:

* Flickering LCD screen

- I understand this is due to faulty GPS module, so I will power via camera, and request a replacement GPS module from the vendor.

* MEMORY ERROR

- This flashes up after about 15 seconds of recording with a flashing REC button. This was a brand new class 10 Samsung 16GB SDHC Micro USB card. I've formatted again in the camera to no avail. I will try a spare Kingstone SDHC 16GB Class 10 to see if this rectifies the problem. Has anyone heard of such issue?

25plkhu.png

Hmm, sorry, I can't seem to resize this image! Bear with me.

Powering through the camera might fix the LCD flicker AND the Memory Error issue. Try and see if it helps.

Powering through the camera might fix the LCD flicker AND the Memory Error issue. Try and see if it helps.

Thanks, I had only just read about the side powering as I posted, so I will try that tomorrow.

Failing that, I think I will return the full unit, whilst impressed with the form factor, the GPS module is a let down due to the poor fit, and the requirement for a CPL extra for the camera glare I suffer from makes me think I'm best of waiting for the new version of this camera.

I see this has the spring GPS contacts, with foam pad to stop the wobble, and the lense issues may be fixed also!

Thanks, I had only just read about the side powering as I posted, so I will try that tomorrow.

Failing that, I think I will return the full unit, whilst impressed with the form factor, the GPS module is a let down due to the poor fit, and the requirement for a CPL extra for the camera glare I suffer from makes me think I'm best of waiting for the new version of this camera.

I see this has the spring GPS contacts, with foam pad to stop the wobble, and the lense issues may be fixed also!
Newer V2 model won't change whether you need a CPL or not. If you think you'll need one with your current A119, then you'll need one with the V2 A119

Back