VicoVation

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Dash Cam
Vico-Opia2
Dear DCT members,

For those of you who wants to know know more about VicoVation's 2016 Premium dash cam 1440p model Vico-Opia2 and premium battery discharge prevention device Vico-Power PLUS, here's a list of reviews done by reviews online for you to check out.

Vico-Opi2 Reviews:
http://dashboardcamreviews.co.uk/vicovation-vico-opia-2-review/
Review by David from Dashboard Cam Reviews (UK)

http://www.trustedreviews.com/vicovation-opia-2-review
Review by James Morris from Trusted Reviews (US)

http://the-gadgeteer.com/2016/09/29/vicovation-opia-2-dashcam-review/
Review by Dave Rees from The Gadgeteer (US)

Review by Jason from Byte My Bits (US)

Review by Andrew from Car Cam Central (US)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Vico-Power PLUS
https://www.carcamcentral.com/guide/guide-parked-recording-dash-cameras
Review by Andrew from Car Cam Central (US)

Review by US Dash Camera (US)

Review by Pier28 (US)

I would consider this if the gps mouse and cpl filter were included.

HELLO DEAR,

I WANTED TO SEND A MESSAGE TO THE VICOVATION TEAM/MANUFACTURER/MAKER/DESIGNER/PROGRAMMER/CEO/PROJECT MANAGER/AND WHO EVER IS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE MAKING PROCESS OF OPIA2 DASH CAM .

IF I AM SENDING THIS EMAIL TO THE WRONG DEPARTMENT THEN PLEASE KINDLY GIVE ME A BIG FAVOUR AND PASS THIS MESSAGE TO THE RELEVANT DEPARTMENT/PERSON. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THIS PLEASE.

BASICALLY, I AM SO DISSATISFIED/UNHAPPY/SAD ABOUT SMART SURVILLENCE FEATURE OF OPIA2 DASHCAM. IT IS BASICALLY NOT SMART ENOUGH. LET ME TELL YOU THIS FIRST THAT, I AM BIG SUPPORTER OF VICOVATION, I LOVE THE COMPANY AND ITS PRODUCTS.

WHAT MADE ME SAD IS I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW OPIA2 DASHCAM AND SMART SURVILLENCE FEATURE AND NEW HIGH QUALITY POWERFUL CHIP A12. WHAT MADE ME SAD IS THE VERY SMALL BUT HIGHLY USEFUL/VALUABLE MISSING FUNCTION OF TELLING THE DRIVER THAT HOW MANY CLIPS/EVENTS HAS BEEN RECORDED DURING THE PARKING MOTION DETECTION. IT IS SO IMPORTANT FEATURE THAT IT WILL MAKE LIFE SO MUCH EASIER THAT YOU CANNOT EVEN APPRECIATE ENOUGH.

YOU GAVE THE NAME SMART SURVILLENCE WHICH SHOULD ATLEAST HAVE AN INFORMING FEATURE THAT CAN TELL THE DRIVER THAT HOW MANY MOTION DETECTION EVENTS HAS HAPPENED DURING THE PARKING MODE. IT WILL SAVE A LOT OF PRECIOUS TIME OF THE DRIVER THAT YOU CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE ABOUT. IT WILL SPARE US FROM AGAIN AND AGAIN TAKING THE SD MEMORY CARD OUT OF THE CAMERA AND JUST TO CHECK IN THE COMPUTER TO FIND THE CLIPS, OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

I BELONG TO IT INDUSTRY, AND I KNOW THIS IS ALL ABOUT PROGRAMMING, IF YOU WRITE A CODE AND FIX/ADD THIS VERY USEFUL/IMPORTANT FEATURE IN YOUR NEXT FIRMWARE UPDATE, IT WILL SAVE A LOT OF PRECIOUS TIME OF THE USERS. THIS ADDED FEATURE WILL NOT ONLY SAVE THE TIME BUT ALSO IT WILL HELP TO INCREASE THE LIFE OF THE PRODUCT ITSELF, DRIVERS WONT HAVE TO TAKE THE SD MEMORY CARD OUT AGAIN AND AGAIN TO SEE IF SOMETHING HAS HAD HAPPENED, OR TAKE THE CAM OUT AND ATTACH TO THE COMPUTER AGAIN AND AGAIN, UNTIL UNLESS THERE WAS SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY HAD HAPPENED. THIS CAN BE FIXED/ADDED THOUGH THE NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE, PLEASE KINDLY DO THAT. IMAGINATION HAS NO LIMIT TO THINK HOW MUCH IT WILL HELP AND IMPROVE THE VALUE.

IT IS VERY SIMPLE IF ONE UNDERSTANDS THE NEED, IMPORTANCE AND VALUE OF THIS FEATURE THEN WOULD IMPLEMENT IT.

IT IS NOT SMART ENOUGH SURVILLENCE, UNTIL IT HAS THIS MAIN/NEEDED ADDED FEATURE OF TELLING THE DRIVER ABOUT THE EVENTS THAT HAPPENED IN THEIR ABSENCE.

THINKWARE AND BLACKVUE ALREADY HAVE THIS FEATURE, AND IT IS SO VALUABLE THAT YOU CANNOT EVEN DESCRIBE IT HOW MUCH USEFUL IT IS.
I ALMOST WANTED TO BUY THINKWARE OVER OPIA2, JUST BECAUSE OF THIS LITTLE FEATURE. AND THIS CAN BE ADDED/FIXED THROUGH FIRMWARE UPDATE. IT IS ABOUT CODING AND PROGRAMMING ONLY.

PLEASE KINDLY ADD THIS IN NEXT FIRMWARE UPDATE. A CODE THAT CAN CREATE A SEPARATE FOLDER IN THE SD CARD AND SAVE THE MOTION DETECTION FILES IN THAT SEPARATE FOLDER SIMILAR TO EMERGENCY EVENT FOLDER, AND A VOICE COMMAND THAT SPEAKS/TELLS THE DRIVER ABOUT THE NUMBER OF THE EVENTS/FILES BEEN CREATED/HAPPENED IN THEIR ABSENCE, ONCE THE DRIVER IS BACK IN THE VEHICLE THEY CAN HEAR IT AND THEN CHECK.

PLEASE KINDLY MAKE THE SMART SURVILLENCE SMART ENOUGH BY ADDING THIS MISSING FEATURE. I LOVE MY NEW OPIA 2 DASHCAM, AND I MISS THIS VERY IMPORTANT LIFE/TIME/DEVICE SAVING FEATURE, SUCH A SMALL BUT VERY USEFUL AND IMPORTANT FEATURE.

MANY THANKS.
SAJ
LONDON UK
YOUTUBE: SAJ@DASH-CAM-TV

HELLO DEAR,

I WANTED TO SEND A MESSAGE TO THE VICOVATION TEAM/MANUFACTURER/MAKER/DESIGNER/PROGRAMMER/CEO/PROJECT MANAGER/AND WHO EVER IS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE MAKING PROCESS OF OPIA2 DASH CAM .

IF I AM SENDING THIS EMAIL TO THE WRONG DEPARTMENT THEN PLEASE KINDLY GIVE ME A BIG FAVOUR AND PASS THIS MESSAGE TO THE RELEVANT DEPARTMENT/PERSON. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THIS PLEASE.

BASICALLY, I AM SO DISSATISFIED/UNHAPPY/SAD ABOUT SMART SURVILLENCE FEATURE OF OPIA2 DASHCAM. IT IS BASICALLY NOT SMART ENOUGH. LET ME TELL YOU THIS FIRST THAT, I AM BIG SUPPORTER OF VICOVATION, I LOVE THE COMPANY AND ITS PRODUCTS.

WHAT MADE ME SAD IS I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THE NEW OPIA2 DASHCAM AND SMART SURVILLENCE FEATURE AND NEW HIGH QUALITY POWERFUL CHIP A12. WHAT MADE ME SAD IS THE VERY SMALL BUT HIGHLY USEFUL/VALUABLE MISSING FUNCTION OF TELLING THE DRIVER THAT HOW MANY CLIPS/EVENTS HAS BEEN RECORDED DURING THE PARKING MOTION DETECTION. IT IS SO IMPORTANT FEATURE THAT IT WILL MAKE LIFE SO MUCH EASIER THAT YOU CANNOT EVEN APPRECIATE ENOUGH.

YOU GAVE THE NAME SMART SURVILLENCE WHICH SHOULD ATLEAST HAVE AN INFORMING FEATURE THAT CAN TELL THE DRIVER THAT HOW MANY MOTION DETECTION EVENTS HAS HAPPENED DURING THE PARKING MODE. IT WILL SAVE A LOT OF PRECIOUS TIME OF THE DRIVER THAT YOU CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE ABOUT. IT WILL SPARE US FROM AGAIN AND AGAIN TAKING THE SD MEMORY CARD OUT OF THE CAMERA AND JUST TO CHECK IN THE COMPUTER TO FIND THE CLIPS, OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

I BELONG TO IT INDUSTRY, AND I KNOW THIS IS ALL ABOUT PROGRAMMING, IF YOU WRITE A CODE AND FIX/ADD THIS VERY USEFUL/IMPORTANT FEATURE IN YOUR NEXT FIRMWARE UPDATE, IT WILL SAVE A LOT OF PRECIOUS TIME OF THE USERS. THIS ADDED FEATURE WILL NOT ONLY SAVE THE TIME BUT ALSO IT WILL HELP TO INCREASE THE LIFE OF THE PRODUCT ITSELF, DRIVERS WONT HAVE TO TAKE THE SD MEMORY CARD OUT AGAIN AND AGAIN TO SEE IF SOMETHING HAS HAD HAPPENED, OR TAKE THE CAM OUT AND ATTACH TO THE COMPUTER AGAIN AND AGAIN, UNTIL UNLESS THERE WAS SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY HAD HAPPENED. THIS CAN BE FIXED/ADDED THOUGH THE NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE, PLEASE KINDLY DO THAT. IMAGINATION HAS NO LIMIT TO THINK HOW MUCH IT WILL HELP AND IMPROVE THE VALUE.

IT IS VERY SIMPLE IF ONE UNDERSTANDS THE NEED, IMPORTANCE AND VALUE OF THIS FEATURE THEN WOULD IMPLEMENT IT.

IT IS NOT SMART ENOUGH SURVILLENCE, UNTIL IT HAS THIS MAIN/NEEDED ADDED FEATURE OF TELLING THE DRIVER ABOUT THE EVENTS THAT HAPPENED IN THEIR ABSENCE.

THINKWARE AND BLACKVUE ALREADY HAVE THIS FEATURE, AND IT IS SO VALUABLE THAT YOU CANNOT EVEN DESCRIBE IT HOW MUCH USEFUL IT IS.
I ALMOST WANTED TO BUY THINKWARE OVER OPIA2, JUST BECAUSE OF THIS LITTLE FEATURE. AND THIS CAN BE ADDED/FIXED THROUGH FIRMWARE UPDATE. IT IS ABOUT CODING AND PROGRAMMING ONLY.

PLEASE KINDLY ADD THIS IN NEXT FIRMWARE UPDATE. A CODE THAT CAN CREATE A SEPARATE FOLDER IN THE SD CARD AND SAVE THE MOTION DETECTION FILES IN THAT SEPARATE FOLDER SIMILAR TO EMERGENCY EVENT FOLDER, AND A VOICE COMMAND THAT SPEAKS/TELLS THE DRIVER ABOUT THE NUMBER OF THE EVENTS/FILES BEEN CREATED/HAPPENED IN THEIR ABSENCE, ONCE THE DRIVER IS BACK IN THE VEHICLE THEY CAN HEAR IT AND THEN CHECK.

PLEASE KINDLY MAKE THE SMART SURVILLENCE SMART ENOUGH BY ADDING THIS MISSING FEATURE. I LOVE MY NEW OPIA 2 DASHCAM, AND I MISS THIS VERY IMPORTANT LIFE/TIME/DEVICE SAVING FEATURE, SUCH A SMALL BUT VERY USEFUL AND IMPORTANT FEATURE.

MANY THANKS.
SAJ
LONDON UK
YOUTUBE: SAJ@DASH-CAM-TV

Hi Saj, thank you very much for your support on our Opia2 and we greatly appreciate you taking your time to communicate with us. We will make sure the team hears your suggestions and consider adding them into our future updates or products.

Hi Saj, thank you very much for your support on our Opia2 and we greatly appreciate you taking your time to communicate with us. We will make sure the team hears your suggestions and consider adding them into our future updates or products.

Thank you so much for prompt reply.

Please forward the below paragraph to the relevant team.

Smart Surveillance Mode is basically not smart enough until it lets the driver know about the events that happened in their absence.

I could use my opia2 parking mode to keep an eye on the quiet car park office door at night or use the parking mode to keep an eye on the property and use my dashcam as Mobile/Temporary CCTV unit, and only check camera and clips when it speaks. A separate folder of the motion detected events, after knowing that there was something happened in my absence.

A separate folder in the sd card and saves the motion detection files in that separate folder, similar to the emergency event folder, and a voice command that speaks/tells the driver about the number of the events/files been created/happened in their absence. it will save a lot of precious time of the users. this added feature will not only save the drivers precious time but also it will help to increase the life of the product itself, drivers won't have to take the sd memory card out, again and again, and touch the camera again and again to see if something has had happened, until unless it speaks that there have been some events.

This can be fixed/added though the new firmware update, it won't even require any hardware upgrade. please kindly do that. Thinkware, blacksys, blackvue etc. already have this feature.

Take care

@Saaj you do realize there's a counter on the display that shows impact recording events right? It will increase by how many events happened while you were parked, not just driving.

@Saaj you do realize there's a counter on the display that shows impact recording events right? It will increase by how many events happened while you were parked, not just driving.

Thank you for the reply.

Does it also tells about the motion detected during the parking mode?

I like opia2, and I am using opia2 as my main front dashcam, I also own Thinkware f770. and i am using thinkware as my rear camera over opia2.

BUT BELIEVE ME, thinkware have done an awesome job in defining the folders etc, they have separate folders in sd card for an emergency, incident, parking mode, parking mode incidents. IT HELPS A LOT. Thinykware and Blacksys also have Memory Allocation Partition option so that you can set dashcam accordingly, if you want to use more parking mode you can allocate more memory for that purpose, this is what makes it smart.

Opia2 claims to have smart parking mode, which should have separate parking mode motion detection folder and voice command. OPIA2 NO DOUBT IS THE BEST SINGLE CHANNEL DASHCAM, BUT IT NEEDS SOME SERIOUS FIRMWARE UPDATE ON SMART PARKING MODE.

Thank you for the reply.

Does it also tells about the motion detected during the parking mode?

It will store any activity recorded during parking mode normally. However, if there is an incident it will go into the files saved for "emergency" recordings. Honestly, I like the way its set up since I dont want another folder that I have to go through and delete if nothing happened. If something happened while parked, I can just look at the number on the screen when it boots up and see if it went up a number or two in the stored emergency folder.

Okay.. A problem with my Vico2. My wife was rear ended waiting to enter a round-a-bout as she was yielding to another vehicle in the circle. So I go to pull the dashcam video, just THAT 3 min clip is missing. The entire hour of driving, and the time after are all there. What gives?

Its not in the EMG folder, only files newer (which is really her fumbling trying to re-attach that darn suction-less cup to the window (another gripe)).

Where did it go? I want to see the accident, not before or after. The file missing is VICO0296.MP4 !!

50-50

Attachments

• 03Dec18 Accident.JPG
    03Dec18 Accident.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 10
Okay.. A problem with my Vico2. My wife was rear ended waiting to enter a round-a-bout as she was yielding to another vehicle in the circle. So I go to pull the dashcam video, just THAT 3 min clip is missing. The entire hour of driving, and the time after are all there. What gives?

Its not in the EMG folder, only files newer (which is really her fumbling trying to re-attach that darn suction-less cup to the window (another gripe)).

Where did it go? I want to see the accident, not before or after. The file missing is VICO0296.MP4 !!

50-50
I can't remember off the top of my head since it's been a while since I removed my opia 2, but isn't there a file/folder labeled "RO"? When I had an accident my opia 2 locked the footage and it was stored in the RO folder if I remember correctly. So, you're not going to find it in the normal file where all the normal clips are stored.

Its EMG on my device, I assume that is short for "emergency". No "RO" exists.

If anyone from Vico is listening, the camera should make a copy in EMG, leaving a copy in the media folder. Also, I'd appreciate allowing the EMG folder to grab space from the rollover of old video in the media folder.

unlikely anyone from Vico is listening, they've just pulled out of the dashcam business, I would think any firmware updates from this point on are probably not going to happen

Oh yeah...now I remember. Yeah that was one of the things I hated about the opia 2. It only saved a maximum of 10 emergency files. I know this is a long shot, but pull the entire camera and leave the SD card installed. Plug the camera into your PC and see if you can somehow pull the emergency footage that way. If you've already done that, I guess it's lost some how.

Back