Cellink beeping

tigermad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Popped out shopping today and thought I would charge my new cellink b battery pack in preparation for my dash cam install next week. It will be hardwire into the fuse box. I plugged it in to the 12v port and to my surprise whenever stop start kicked in the battery pack would beep as if it has lost connection. The 12v socket is live all the time and doesn't turn off in my car so Why does the battery pack think it has? Is it because the 12v charged drops in voltage when the car stops?

Either the voltage is dipping down or the sockets are being turned off momentarily during engine restart.

Stop start traditionally uses the starter motor which sucks a bit of juice. The more clever ones will instead fire up a cylinder to get the engine going again.

Either the voltage is dipping down or the sockets are being turned off momentarily during engine restart.

Stop start traditionally uses the starter motor which sucks a bit of juice. The more clever ones will instead fire up a cylinder to get the engine going again.
Thanks. Hope it doesn't do the same when it's hard wired to acc fuse but I guess it will because that turns off when engine stops. Don't want the cellink beeping all the time. Hopefully it's not damaging it.

Thanks. Hope it doesn't do the same when it's hard wired to acc fuse but I guess it will because that turns off when engine stops. Don't want the cellink beeping all the time. Hopefully it's not damaging it.

You should not have any problem my own install to a BMW F11 which also has stop start, which I hard wired to ACC fuse this fuse stays live for a brief period after switching off the ignition, you can check your selected acc fuse with a multimeter if in deed that fuse goes off immediately or like mine stays alive for a brief period after switching off the ignition, I suspect all vehicles with stop start feature will keep the acc fuse alive, during a stop start and will only switch off if you are stopped for a extended period of time, ie stuck in traffic etc and this is only done to protect the vehicle battery from excessive drain, this also happens automatically the same way if using air con, heated seats, anything that's using a lot of power.

Back