YI 360 VR new Camera (dual 220 degree lenses)

Matt_V939

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Dash Cam
Mobius1&Mini,A118C+A119V2,(Fake)DODL500, YI,GP3,One X,Go
Well, Yi is really putting out more&more models....

https://yitechnology.com/yi-360-vr-camera

"The camera delivers stunning video and images – in 360. YI 360 VR™ features professional-grade video quality at up to 5.7K/30fps in 360 degrees for post-production work, thanks to Ambarella’s virtual reality SOC H2V95 chip and a pair of sharp 220-degree lenses mated to a pair of 12MP SONY IMX377 CMOS sensors. It also captures 5.7K 360-degree still photos. Most other multi-lens VR cameras give you clunky, choppy video images and require streams to be stitched together on a computer. The YI 360 VR™ offers seamless in-device stitching without added software so anyone can make high-quality 4K, 360-degree VR videos instantly.
YI_360_VR_camera_white_-_wb.jpeg

Sweet.

But i cant play much of this stuff from youtube on my 80/80 mbit cable connection, i don't think Denmark are on YouTube priority list cuz i often experience steaming stop, and immediately testing my own connection locally it is not here the problem is.

Even regular 4K footage is often a problem, and stepping up to 8K or larger spherical footage and i have to give up trying to watch it.

Gopro appear to me to be more and more Danish company, just slowly sliding into oblivion, where it with a little care could have been something outstanding.

I know what you mean, quite often I need to download YouTube clips to be able to watch them, they stutter trying to stream but will download very quickly, something is busted in the way they deliver them

Gopro appear to me to be more and more Danish company, just slowly sliding into oblivion, where it with a little care could have been something outstanding.

It's more the "Nokia Syndrome"....when a company dominate a market it get into a mindset like your empire will last forever and you do not recognize potential competitors as such looking down on them....and the company management did not keep up to expectations, I cannot believe they were not able to deliver the GP5 at launch when they had demands and missed lot of Christmas sales....

Yes Nokia would be a good thing to compare to too, or blackberry that a lot of people also seemed to carry at one time..

Also Denmark are not the worst place to live, but i cant shake the feeling it would have been so much better if we elected the right people and not just the same old entrenched politicians and parties.

I have never tried to DL a youtube video, not even sure how you do it, but maybe i should research it and try it one day.

I have never tried to DL a youtube video, not even sure how you do it, but maybe i should research it and try it one day.

not something I want to do but has become a necessity at times, YTD downloader is the weapon of choice, if you try it just be sure to decline any offers of other software it wants to install

Last edited:
I hate how that have become in to bundle other stuff with things, i have learned this by suddenly have strange stuff on my computer i have to deal with.
I just cant have stuff on my computer or phone i don't know about or for that matter use.

not something I want to do but has become a necessity at times, YTD downloader is the weapon of choice, if you try it just be sure to decline any offers of other software it wants to install
I use YTD downloader as well, but only goes up to 1080p. If you need 2K or 4K videos, try "4K Download" or "4K Downloader". Google for it and use the CNET download link not the others.

I use YTD downloader as well, but only goes up to 1080p. If you need 2K or 4K videos, try "4K Download" or "4K Downloader". Google for it and use the CNET download link not the others.

do you not get the higher res files if you select 'best available' (I haven't tried, just wondering)?

do you not get the higher res files if you select 'best available' (I haven't tried, just wondering)?
na mate, tried that already, didn't work. took me bit of hunting but did find the 4K as i described up above. lots of other programs also claim to download 4K but actually don't.

I think VR is more of a fad than anything, but what is interesting about this is that you no longer have to worry about framing the shot. You just crop out what you don't need.

Regarding VR i am not as exited now as i was many years ago when they first tried to do it but the technology was not there yet back then.
And i have not tried the new stuff out there, maybe if i do i would get exited again, and that would really suck as i cant afford such things without cutting back on other things.
That being said i have seen the COD ( Call Of Duty ) series of games will revisit the WW2, and i liked to play COD back then, so maybe i soon get a game to make sure i spend even more time in front of the computer.

I am more hoping that some one will add a really low light camera to a small goggle and a IR emitter for a poor mans HD Night Vision Goggle.

I emailed the company, telling them the web site where I saw their camera and asking if they had any dash cams in the works, after telling them that dash cams will be the next big thing because of the things they can offer the consumer (average person on the road).
I think it will be interesting to see what they have to say on the subject.

Not the Yi but the Xiaomi 360...but this video is crazy!

explanation over here..

I emailed the company, telling them the web site where I saw their camera and asking if they had any dash cams in the works, after telling them that dash cams will be the next big thing because of the things they can offer the consumer (average person on the road).
I think it will be interesting to see what they have to say on the subject.

Well they replied, don't make dash cams at this point in time.

GoPro are heading in a different direction atm. I've read rumours of VR and apps that share direct to social media.

Personally, I see this route as a mistake as GoPro's selling point has always been quality. Maybe they've realised they can't compete with China prices from companies who are catching up, so are heading more for feature differentiation instead of out and out video quality.

If you look at the footage from say the Garmin Virb 360 it is not half bad, but that are still a pretty expensive camera too.
I myself are also a bit lost for words in regard to this 360 degree camera stuff that seem to become so popular.

A while back i also read some hardware news about some pretty big players going into streooptic and not for the full 360 degrees but something smaller, but i just cant find that news again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B YI 4K+ Action Camera 0
kamkar YI 4K+ Action Camera 180
Back