Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
Hi enthusiasts in DCT,
We have finished the pre-production of the mini0906 dual channel dash camera, here is the summary:
1, camera hardware: hardware is finalized, all found bugs are solved;
2, rear camera: whistle shape rear camera design is under mold polishing, which will be used inside the vehicle
water-proof rear camera is in production
3, camera firmware: firmware is almost done, all found bugs are solved but maybe some new bugs we havn't found.

And here is the un-finished items:
1, shister shape rear camera is not mass produced;
2, dual channel player is not finished;
3, firmware need to polish

We are going to release the pre-production cameras for public test, the accessories will be attached in packaging:
mini0906 camera body
waterproof rear camera
6m length rear camera cable
VHB sticker built-in GPS mount
mounting wedges with screws and VHB pads
2.4G RF remote controler
5V 2A cigar charger with 3.5m cable
USB data cable
cable clips
lens cleaner
VHB pad removing cord
manual

Base on the test experience on mini0806, some testers haven't feedback the test results and improving suggestions we expected; we have to apply new test policy as following
1, 10pcs samples for respectable members all free charge;
2, 30pcs samples in half marketing price US$140/2=$70 for public members test;

we hope all the candidate can take care of the dollars you spent, test the samples prudentially and feedback comments and suggestion; those feedback will be audit carefully by our engineer and then improve the product in mass production.
Any feedbacks will be appreciated and attended seriously.

If you are interested and would like to join the test, please mail to Rayman (rayman@megcn.com) to get the ordering information.
The samples will be sent by DHL between Apr.25th and 28th.

When you testing the camera, you can post any information or comments or suggestions in the forum, I will check everyday. :)

Thank you very much.

Rayman @MEGtech

906.jpg
whistle rear cam.jpg

Last edited:
As much as I would like to participate, previous dealings with Meg left a very sour taste in my mouth.

As much as I would like to participate, previous dealings with Meg left a very sour taste in my mouth.

understand your feeling.
you are on the tester list bro, please check convention

How do you deal with the "paid" test cameras if there is a hardware revision because of found hardware-errors or flaws. Will these testers get the new version free of charge?

How do you deal with the "paid" test cameras if there is a hardware revision because of found hardware-errors or flaws. Will these testers get the new version free of charge?

Hi Pedro, if there is big hardware problem need big improvement we can replace the hardware for free, for the testers. :)

Base on the test experience on mini0806, some testers haven't feedback the test results and improving suggestions we expected; we have to apply new test policy as following
1, 10pcs samples for respectable members all free charge;
2, 30pcs samples in half marketing price US$140/2=$70 for public members test;

we hope all the candidate can take care of the dollars you spent, test the samples prudentially and feedback comments and suggestion; those feedback will be audit carefully by our engineer and then improve the product in mass production.
Any feedbacks will be appreciated and attended seriously.

Sorry to hear your disappointment to the previous tester.

Maybe you should give a closer description of “test the samples prudentially” and how many hour you expect tester use. Some could think 10 hour is good and you think 100 hour. You might want people from big city and got one from a 1000 size big city and so on.
If you let it up to people freely test without any specific instruction, you might don’t get what you a looking for either.

Disappointment is always a risk and you can’t prepare for everything. It seems it go both way, if you read DCT.

I have also burned my finger on my first dashcam, but you just have to move on and learn from it.
(it’s not on under my camera list)

That was what popup in my mind, when I read your request.

Wish you the best, with you new production.

I like the format of the rear camera

Maybe you should give a closer description of “test the samples prudentially” and how many hour you expect tester use.
If you let it up to people freely test without any specific instruction, you might don’t get what you a looking for either.

Hi Viking,
as we want the testers to audit the samples in their habit then we can get a impartial feedback.
If we listed something for them to attempt, I am afraid we may lose attention on other points.

by the way, it is not about disappointment, but only little depression. maybe you can understand the small difference:)

Rayman

I like the format of the rear camera

Thanks,
we spent a lot of time to research the shape/curve/size and so on.
we are glad you like it :)

I was testing on the 0806, and while some people seemed to encounter some problems with that model, mine have been running flawless since day #1 and was retired a few weeks ago in full functional order, and my camera was a early beta sample.

Thats just how it is, even the biggest multinational brands can make a dud now and then, the most interesting thing are how such things are handled.
And on customer care you can see big dollar brands that can afford it do really bad, and tiny little brands that barely have a dollar do really good.

I also like that whistle design for the rear camera :cool: My rear window are vertical, but i am not planning on mounting it off the glass as i have a nice sturdy metal frame around that glass, and not least a rear wiper that go all the way to the top of the window ( at least in the middle )

I was testing on the 0806, and while some people seemed to encounter some problems with that model, mine have been running flawless since day #1 and was retired a few weeks ago in full functional order, and my camera was a early beta sample.

Thats just how it is, even the biggest multinational brands can make a dud now and then, the most interesting thing are how such things are handled.
And on customer care you can see big dollar brands that can afford it do really bad, and tiny little brands that barely have a dollar do really good.

I also like that whistle design for the rear camera :cool: My rear window are vertical, but i am not planning on mounting it off the glass as i have a nice sturdy metal frame around that glass, and not least a rear wiper that go all the way to the top of the window ( at least in the middle )
My 0806 is still in the car working well and like yours it has had no problems, still has the original battery after 2 years 6 months. But I think the prototypes where better quality than the production units! It was the other way around for the 0903, the prototypes had too many problems.

The rear camera does look interesting, it appears to be wireless :cool:

the public test cameras have been sent out today.

here is a notice I just recall:
the whistle rear camera mold is not ready yet, which was designed to be IMX323 sensor and F2.0 FOV138 lens;
we have to purchase the waterproof rear camera from market, which is IMX323 sensor and F2.8 FOV105 lens, this night vision will be not as good as expect because the aperture is smaller.
I should let you know this before you start test :)

---Rayman

The more narrow rear lens sound more interesting to me, i prefer a narrow FOV lens back there, i wouldn't even mind if it was even more narrow 80 - 90 degrees ( horisontal ) will be no problem for me.
What ever rear camera arrive my car can do a fine install of it.

A little sad about the F2.8 aperture, but that sensor should be able to still do something good with it.

A little sad about the F2.8 aperture, but that sensor should be able to still do something good with it.
Narrower lenses always have bigger F numbers, doesn't always mean that you have more motion blur after you zoom in on the wider image to get the same view.

More interesting is that since the IMX323 is a smaller sensor than most dashcams have, I guess the 105 degree FOV lens will look more like an 85 degree lens on most dashcams. Since it a rear camera and the car behind you is normally moving at a similar speed to you so there is little motion blur it should be OK.

Yep. the reason as to why i prefer a more up close and personal lens in the rear is so i can get a good shot at the phone junkie back there.
This off-course demand a CPL filter as the slope of the windscreen on the car behind often hide what go on inside behind reflections of the sky.

Last night i so missed a rear camera, the people in the car behind me at a intersection was going totally crazy to the loud music, would have been a "idiot" in a good way capture.
I like when people are not so "stiff upper lip" at least when it is not on the expense of other people.

I am not sure how useful the rear camera is at night anyway. From what I've seen it gets blinded by headlights and all you can see is big white blob... Also, almost half of the states here do not require front license plate so half the time you will capture this :)
41GD1c7Q9OL._SL500_.jpg

fortunately the image quality can be optimized base on the built-in ISP.
we will take care on the IQ of the rear camera then

just checked the DHL status, the parcels are in China Custom because they are on Labour Day holiday.
We should ship out one day earlier :(:(

hehe i was wondering that too, but then the May 1 holiday was mentioned, we have it too up here but its not a full holiday and soon it wont be a holiday at all as Danish workers are no longer getting together to fight for their rights and Danish trade unions are "POO" too.

There have been plenty of reasons to strike up here in the last 15 years, but it is not even talked about any more.

PS. son of a communist and trade union boss ( masons union ), and for a while also politician in the municipality of Aarhus back when some people voted for the communists.

Back