After reading some comments about garages/dealers disconnecting cameras, is the new model going to have a cable guard like the GC?

I have my GC hardwired, you can't see any cables with my modified cable guard.

Ah, hopefully I can still make a neat job of it then and they won't go poking about.

Excuse my ignorance but I am a complete newbie to this Dash Cam stuff.....
Is this product regarded as a middle of the range or top of the range product?
Would I be able to connect to the WiFi hot spot in the car and remote view the footage?
Irish distribution, where and who?

with the limited dual channel selections out there.

Egg-zactly :D It seems that nobody has gotten truly serious with 2ch dashcams till now. There are some pretty good ones and some junk, but no really good ones at worthwhile prices which are well-developed with the user's best interests at heart. Methinks that is about to change :cool:

Phil

Egg-zactly :D It seems that nobody has gotten truly serious with 2ch dashcams till now. There are some pretty good ones and some junk, but no really good ones at worthwhile prices which are well-developed with the user's best interests at heart. Methinks that is about to change :cool:

Phil

I think regardless there's no one size fits all solution, people have different ideas about what's important to them, you can never be all things to all people, if you try to be you'll generally get it very wrong or never get a product released and die trying

Apps in Istore and androd has a big improment from the past in using and experience. I think the next generation of SG should have wifi. With 15 Mb/s video wont be any problem when tranfering file between dashcam and phone.
Now, these apps is not stable with all the phone, has some bugs, but it works pretty great with some kind of smartphone.

I think regardless there's no one size fits all solution, people have different ideas about what's important to them, you can never be all things to all people, if you try to be you'll generally get it very wrong or never get a product released and die trying

Agreed, but y'all do seem to attain a very good balance with things so that only a very few are highly dissatisfied, and they probably would be like than no matter what you did for them. As I've said of my own dear mother, "If you gave her the world on a silver platter she would complain that it wasn't gold" :p

Phil

Agreed, but y'all do seem to attain a very good balance with things so that only a very few are highly dissatisfied, and they probably would be like than no matter what you did for them.

we try and strike a balance of the things that are important (or at least the ones we think that are important) and achievable and leave out the things that don't matter or are just marketing fluff, there's a lot of those

I like the app development but i think the best dashcam should have a control unit with a say 4 inch screen so any incident can be replayed & seen straaight away .Setting up your phone to show someone the last recording , quickly , does not work for me. And having a full size sd card to hand over is good .So dual cards , for me.In our hot summers & anytime in UV light it is better to have the control unit under the dash & the camera seperate.

I like the app development but i think the best dashcam should have a control unit with a say 4 inch screen so any incident can be replayed & seen straaight away .Setting up your phone to show someone the last recording , quickly , does not work for me. And having a full size sd card to hand over is good .So dual cards , for me.In our hot summers & anytime in UV light it is better to have the control unit under the dash & the camera seperate.
SGZC12RC seems nearly meet your required

+1

Phil
I disagree, even though everyone here seems to hate on blackvue so much, a lot of the Korean cams make great 2 CH cams. The issue is they are all expensive because they offer many features people don't care about like blackvue cloud, or automatic parking mode. but I think people tend to not care about those features because they don't think they need them, just like so many people today don't have dash cams because they don't think they will need them until they do.

The top of the line blackvue or thinkware cam still costs less than many peoples insurance deductible, and buffered automatic parking mode with either/both g shock and motion detection is very much worth it for many people. I know a lot of people who have had hit and runs to their cars in public parking lots, including a friend who had a dash cam that uses motion detection as a "parking mode" with a permanent power source but still failed to capture the hit and run.

I can't imagine caring so much about my car to run multiple dash cams, but be ok with it having no recording when I am parked in public considering how many people I know have been victims of hit and runs in parking lots. I gave my friend a dash cam i wasnt using anymore, he had motion detection on and an always on power source, but when his car was hit and ran in front of his house it failed to capture the incident. I think the motion detection started too late.

The reason I don't think standard motion detection like on the A119 is adequate is when I worked downtown, traffic was constantly setting it off. that meant it was always recording, it over wrote the memory card each day at work at least once over. larger memory card support is helping that for sure, but at the time I used a blackvue dr650gw-2ch, all I had to do was turn motion detection off, and I still had buffered g shock detection parking mode, without worrying about the card filling up every day from so much traffic driving by non stop.

thats invaluable to me.

Back