Jokiin,

Maybe if you posted some pictures you wouldn't have to answer so many questions... :p

Which I'm sure he would do except for the fact that by doing that the fakes would be on the market before the real ones. :(:mad:

I know one of the usual suspects have been working on a similar design knockoff already, last thing I want to do is give them any styling cues ahead of time that makes it easier for them, we've suffered enough from lookalike product already and really want to avoid that as much as possible going forward

I don't think so but that may come down to individual circumstance, I feel the front camera would be too big for most side mount applications but I guess it could work for some
I might be the one then because I have quarter panel windows whose size and position make them pretty much useless for anything except mounting a side cam. Here's a picture showing my current A118C and GPS mounted (yes, the cabling could be a lot neater but 'out of sight, out of mind'). Privacy glass is so dark you can't see the cams unless you know they're there and look hard for them.

SideMount.JPG

I might be the one then because I have quarter panel windows whose size and position make them pretty much useless for anything except mounting a side cam. Here's a picture showing my current A118C and GPS mounted (yes, the cabling could be a lot neater but 'out of sight, out of mind'). Privacy glass is so dark you can't see the cams unless you know they're there and look hard for them.

I guess that could work

I know one of the usual suspects have been working on a similar design knockoff already, last thing I want to do is give them any styling cues ahead of time that makes it easier for them, we've suffered enough from lookalike product already and really want to avoid that as much as possible going forward
Sound reasoning, and it is what it is. It will be nice when released then we will all know at the same time.

Our cig adaptor can be converted to hardwire use quite easily, we have some other power supply options we are working on also
How's about adding second power input in rearcam ? So, the customers could power from the main unit or from the rearcam.

How's about adding second power input in rearcam ? So, the customers could power from the main unit or from the rearcam.
I like that.

Edit: Oops, too fast on the keyboard. Rick already replied.

Who is Rick? Wait... did you just reveal his secret identity?

Who is Rick? Wait... did you just reveal his secret identity?
oh no, secret is out, get them body guards in position, we don't want anyone cloning such brilliancy else we wont know who the real one is.

Sadly PiP only for Mac. Us Windows users need some loving in that department :(

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

There are some other features coming that will let you play just the front, just the rear, or alternate between front and rear for now. (And flip between front and rear in real time)

@traveler said the cross development system used to develop DashCamViewer on multiple platforms makes the video library tricky on windows to do PiP. It's on the to do list in the future.

We are aware of a few other new play back apps in development as well by others.

Last edited:
Good to hear! When I want to edit my dashcam footage I use a mix of RV and Windows Movie Maker but I'd like to have one programme that can do everything for me

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

...We are aware of a few other new play back apps in development as well by others.
I certainly hope so.

I find DCV to be totally useless for me - the last 2 versions will not even play SG9665GC files (versus previous versions that played back with 'stuttering' at various rates). The 'explanation' that DCV requires high end hardware running Win10 is a cop out at best. All other video playback programs handle the same files on the same system(s) without any issues at all.

Since it's been reported that the new Street Guardian 'DC' camera files will not be compatible with RV the availability of a reliable, usable viewer will have to be factored into my purchase decision.

Edit: In the interest of full disclosure the problem regarding DCV not playing SG9665GC files has been resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the program (multiple times). Still doesn't play well but at least it plays them.

Last edited:
Yes, it's too bad new NT96660/NT96663 GPS data is no longer compatible with RegistratorViewer. (RIP Vadim) :(
Windows 10 does handle video a lot better without adding anything extra, DCV will need to explore what's needed to better support much older machines out there (Windows 7 etc)

Back