Nextbase 512g Motion Detection

Jutla

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, new to this forum, but I have a nextbase 512g dash cam and I'm trying to get to grips with the motion detection setting when parked up. I normally have it connected via the 12v cig socket but for motion detection I have purchased a nextbase powerbank which still doesn't seem to detect any motion when parked up?

I'm probably doing something wrong could someone with experience with these products shed some light? p.s. I have tried reading the manual to no avail.

Thanks in advance, and let me know if you need anymore info.

Hi guys, new to this forum, but I have a nextbase 512g dash cam and I'm trying to get to grips with the motion detection setting when parked up. I normally have it connected via the 12v cig socket but for motion detection I have purchased a nextbase powerbank which still doesn't seem to detect any motion when parked up?

I'm probably doing something wrong could someone with experience with these products shed some light? p.s. I have tried reading the manual to no avail.

Thanks in advance, and let me know if you need anymore info.

Hello and Welcome Jutla,

Good idea on the powerbank as it does need a permanent power supply.

Can I check that you activate motion detection each time you park up/want it on?

If you test it in your home does it react/start recording when there is some movement in the viewing area?

It be worth giving us a call on 02920 866 429 if you have the ability.

Last edited:
Hi Tiffany,

I have turned motion detection on and normally switch it off before driving as I find when sat in traffic it seems to record short clips? Not quite sure what it's doing there.

I haven't tested in my home, but I will try that next and get back to you.

Could you maybe provide step by step instructions on how I can activate motion detection? am I meant to just turn it on and leave the car? or am I meant to press the recording button before I leave?
Cheers

Hi Tiffany,

I have turned motion detection on and normally switch it off before driving as I find when sat in traffic it seems to record short clips? Not quite sure what it's doing there.

I haven't tested in my home, but I will try that next and get back to you.

Could you maybe provide step by step instructions on how I can activate motion detection? am I meant to just turn it on and leave the car? or am I meant to press the recording button before I leave?
Cheers

Hello Jutla,

In order to activate motion detection;
Please turn the camera on and stop it recording (press OK if it is recording and this will stop it recording),
Press the menu button (top right) once,
Use the down arrow and scroll down to the second to last option that reads "motion detection",
Press OK,
Use down arrow to scroll down to on,
Press OK.

This will then take you back to the menu, the motion detection feature should only be used when parked up as you described.

If you then go back to the normal recording screen and wave your hand in front of the lens/walk in front of the camera it should start a recording of 10 seconds.

Nope still nothing...I have done all this and nothing is being picked up, the only time it start recording is when I'm practically touching the dashcam to remove the memory card.
I was waving my hand right in front of the camera and it definitely had power as I switched stand by to off and the GPS speedo screen was still showing.

Pretty useless so far as I intended to use this mostly for motion detection/parking mode for when I'm not in the car.

@Jutla that certainly doesn't sound right to me.
Are you able to give our technical support team a call on 02920 866 429 (UK standard number), email on support@nextbase.co.uk or live chat which can be accessed on our website www.nextbase.co.uk
I'd like to see what is happening and try to rectify it for you.

Back