Lukas Eye(Dashcam wifi app) - Android App Installation and Instruction for LK-7950WD Dashcam

No, I use VLC and it didn't find anything on the phone itself, and File Manager found nothing either....still, I'm new to the whole dashcam experience so if I nut it out I will be sure to post here!

Well from the Lukas app, you can view photos that are being stored on the camera. However theses files are only viewable while the camera is connected. If you would like to view the files while not connected you need to download the videos from with in the viewer locally to your phone.

Hi Robert
Been using my Lukas, from you, here in UK for about a year now without any problems. Love it but only check it very occasionally. Time for maintenance I guess and I notice there is new firmware available. It looks a lot of work so is it worth the hassle? Mine ain't broke so why fix it?. The app on my tab has updated but looks to have a lot of Korean in the front page. I keep getting 5 files downloaded to my Galaxy Tab2 and phone that do not open with VLC whenever I go to the Web page. I will try to get the pc working to see if that can tell me more but since Win 10 have almost given up on MS.
I tried to upload a .avi file but the forum said no. I hit a sunk manhole and thought I had damaged a wheel. As it was no damage was found, but the local authority praised the video but laughed at my wife's language.

Update on yesterdays post. When checked views from Galaxy S5 and Tab S2 I found I had intermittent loads. Main error was unable to read video. Decided to update all firmware Software. Firmware now Fd21 and Viewer 2.0.2. This should have been easy, but was not. Carried out instructions but was left with a Flashing error which looked like Fat but maybe For. Wifi did not work. Formatted from viewer again and copied update again with the same result. In desperation I did a direct format from the cam. E & M wait and E. After that it went back to normal. Now all looks to be working fine although the Android app is still a bit "clunky".
The problems MS are having with Win 10 makes me wonder why Lukas just don't make updates available via the Android app. They should also review the update destruction's and error codes. I do not like updates that destroy the old info on the chip. The microSd is not a problem as I have spares but the Lukas 32Gb SD is not do easy to find now as they all look to be micro in carriers at that size.

Do you need to put a SIM card in the wifi dongle?
Thank you in advance.

Do you need to put a SIM card in the wifi dongle?
Thank you in advance.
How can you put SIM card in wifi dongle?
It's not a SIM reader.

How can you put SIM card in wifi dongle?
It's not a SIM reader.
I dont know. A guy told me that a dongle needed a SIM card. But I have never used one, so I didn't know is this was true.

Before you purchase download the instruction manual off the website (whatever you buy) or mail the seller. The Lukas came witha 32GB SD and an 8GB microSD. These can be formatted and viewed from a pc and camera firmware can be updated via the SD. The wifi dongle is a small block plugged into the underside of the camera. It is not Bluetooth but wifi so can be linked to apple or android phones. The app on the phone allows you to view and configure the chips and live views without removing the camera. I find a USB adapter to the Samsung micro port handy as I can also view the video files on the chips via VLC on my Galaxy tab and phone without using the wifi. Crucially for me the wifi can be switched off or the dongle removed for security. I have also had no problems with my DAB radio or car battery (Hybrid car), which has been reported as a problem with other camera's

Crap guys. I accidentally deleted my wifi password for my dashcam on my android. Now I can't access the dashcam and nor can I remember the password. Crap.

Have a reset button on camera itself. Click that and hold for sometime. Then the password will be back to default.

Why change the default? Try 11111.
Be warned do a format from the camera at least every couple of months. If the camera forces a format when the card is full and for whatever reason does not complete the camera does not shut down. This will cause the car battery to go flat,regardless of power protection.

Crap guys. I accidentally deleted my wifi password for my dashcam on my android. Now I can't access the dashcam and nor can I remember the password. Crap.

You can reset the password on the WiFi by accessing the SD card with the Lukas Viewer program if it is installed on your PC. In the Settings -> Additional area. There are fields there for WiFi password and SSID.

My problem is trying to get the dashcam to connect with my phone, doesn't seem to work over the WiFi at all.

I found out why the phone on my app wasn't connecting to the dashcam's WiFi. If there is a WiFi network which the phone normally connects to available, it rejects the dashcam's WiFi and switches over to the other network.

Back