0806 working ok for 1 min, then only blue light

Gavlaah

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, hoping somebody can give me some advice, other than binning it, for a problem I am seeing on my 0806. The unit is about 8 months old I'd say, no point trying to return it under warranty as bought from gearbest! Anyway, the dashcam will work ok for about a minute, all leds are lit, blue, red and green. The screen displays and I can see it recording. After a minute it then shuts down and only the blue light remains lit. If I press the power button the unit starts again, runs for a minute and then shuts down! I can repeat this for ever....there are no messages on the screen.

I'm using a 5v hardwire power kit, but have tried using the stock cig lighter power supply and that doesn't make any difference. I've checked the sd card and that is a genuine Samsung 32gb.

I initially thought the battery could be the culprit, so swapped it out with a new one. Unfortunately that didn't fix it either! Finally I reflashed with the latest firmware from the mini0806.com site, but again no difference.

I'm on the verge of binning it and vowing never to buy this type of unit again, but deep down I just want it to work!

Having gone through several, posts now, this looks to be an SD card issue. I think I'll buy a faster sd card and see what happens :)

hi all, hoping somebody can give me some advice, other than binning it, for a problem I am seeing on my 0806. The unit is about 8 months old I'd say, no point trying to return it under warranty as bought from gearbest! Anyway, the dashcam will work ok for about a minute, all leds are lit, blue, red and green. The screen displays and I can see it recording. After a minute it then shuts down and only the blue light remains lit. If I press the power button the unit starts again, runs for a minute and then shuts down! I can repeat this for ever....there are no messages on the screen.

I'm using a 5v hardwire power kit, but have tried using the stock cig lighter power supply and that doesn't make any difference. I've checked the sd card and that is a genuine Samsung 32gb.

I initially thought the battery could be the culprit, so swapped it out with a new one. Unfortunately that didn't fix it either! Finally I reflashed with the latest firmware from the mini0806.com site, but again no difference.

I'm on the verge of binning it and vowing never to buy this type of unit again, but deep down I just want it to work!

Do you have the same problem when the device is connected to the mains supply?

I experienced a similar problem, and found that the screen mounting was faulty. I got around the problem by connecting the power supply direct to the camera, i.e. bypassing the screen mounting.

In the end it turned out to be the battery. I replaced the battery and the problem went away. Looking at the old battery it was very swollen, so that certainly was on the way out!

Back