Cutting together files, while having a longer file to be fastened

sYCO

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

I returned from my holidays and would like to cut together some videos and put a sound file to it. I
know, a programme like VideoPad can help me with that.

But I have a question about one file: I made a six minutes flick about a moving cloud wall. Now, I
want to build this into my little movie (maybe half a minute in the end), but of course not as a slow
moving boring six minute part. It should be something like a five seconds timelapse or so.

Do I put that file somewhere in between the others and can I increase the running speed in VideoPad
for just this part OR do I have to edit this six minutes file to a five seconds one before inserting it into
the project in VideoPad?

If second, does anyone have a good hint how to do that? Maybe also with VideoPad?

Thanks a lot, mates.

i don't know about videopad since i've never tried it, but VSDC (windows) and kdenlive (linux) will easily let you modify the speed of an individual clip in your timeline. no need to re-render it outside the editor.

If it's something registrator viewer can load, you can easily speed the video.
If not, microsoft movie maker also has speed option.

i don't know about videopad since i've never tried it, but VSDC (windows) and kdenlive (linux) will easily let you modify the speed of an individual clip in your timeline. no need to re-render it outside the editor.
VideoPad is so "praised" by some people as being the best video editor out there, I'm sure it must have such a simple feature as speeding up videos. :rolleyes:

I actually just used this feature in Video Pad for my latest video posted here: How to remove/reduce dashboard glare with A119?

I clipped the section I wanted speed up then went to "video effects" > "Change Clip Speed" Then enter how much faster you want it to go. In my case I used 300% for 3 times faster. The default is 100% (Normal Speed)

I am brand new to all this as well and still learning Video Pad and Its growing on me! It does take a long time for rendering (at least on my computer) As I am learning where and how to use features of video pad its getting easier.

Hope This Helps!

Yes , its very easy ! ( VideoPad )
With the video in the edit bar ... ( where you edit / join / bla bla )
Simply right click the video - 2nd from the bottom is change clip speed

Back