Yi 4k script for raw photos and video research

alexdb

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi! i just take a look at the firmware 1.23 of the yi 4k, and it seems to have a lot of cool features disabled

as you can see in the image, the syntax seems to be pretty similar to scripts of the older yi... but i've just tried the autoexec.ash and unfortunately doesn't work :(

yi4k.jpg

raw photos: t app test enc stillrawcap [Cmpr][DumpItuner]

raw videos: t app test videorawcap [RawCompress][Number][EnableFaseCapture][EnableYuv]

i'll keep working on it, if someone who knows better ambarella architecture want to join, will be veeeeery apreciate :)

ps: sorry for my english :D

Attachments

• yi4k.jpg
    yi4k.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 24
use Cal.txt instead of Autoexec.ash
it tries to run Cal.txt but not sure of the t app test syntax or how to get it to work

i've asked directly to xiaoyi about some specs, and they replied that they are still working to a beta firmware with raw photo enabled.. that will be released next year

i'll wait, i'm became too lazy ahahhahaha

Nice find Alexdb.

I'm interested in the line mentioning Raw Video,..

Have been looking at action cams and settled on the Yi 4K as most appropriate to put in a gimbal under a model Heli with a Ribcage mod and some other bits an pieces - the sample vision for this camera on gimbals, and with its accelerometer based image correction, is a step ahead of the competition.

Shooting Raw video would be a real bonus to us Cinematographers, if Yi enable it.
Raw at HD or 2K would be fantastic, Raw at 4K, would have some very serious film hardware companies worried.

It would mean needing top end SD cards for the data rates required, but the advantages to guys like me, the Yi4K with Ribcage and a decent C-mount lens, would make a great action 'crash cam' for feature films.

Hi,

I would really like to lock the shutter speed for timelapses.. but I can only set it to AUTO or >2 seconds..
The automatic shutter speed setting leads to a flickering in the finished timelapse.
Anybody managed to crack the code? :D

Cheers

Autoexec.ash scripts do work with the Yi4K, just not as well as they do for the original Yi

If you create a autoexec.ash file in the root of the sd card and switch on the camera it will execute the commands listed in the file on bootup.
Unfortunately there are not many documented commands and a lot of them either do not work or get overwritten when you use the camera.

So you can set the camera to automatically start recording video as soon as it has booted up by having the following command in the file:

t app key record

this will simule the record key being pressed and the camera will automatically start recording video on startup be careful though because if you are in a photo mode when you switched it off it will go a bit funny.
Another useful one is to start wifi automatically on bootup, this is great for the people that have cracked their lcd screen and cant manually turn the wifi on. The command is:

t app key start_wifi

to turn off wifi, you can use:

t app key stop_wifi

other t app key commands are:

key Usage: t app key <key>
Key list:
up
up_rel
down
down_rel
left
left_rel
right
right_rel
zoomin
zoomin_rel
zoomout
zoomout_re l
set
focus
focus_rel
shutter
shutter_rel
record
mode
menu
power
del
stop_wifi
start_wifi [ssid] [name] [5G/2.4G]
poweroff [time]
pc [help]
up_rel down down_r

If you edit any of the firmware.bin files you can sift through the entire file and find references, here are some I have pulled out.
I have tried a few and they either dont work or crash the camera, but here you go have a play and report back here if you get any luck :D

Stillrawcap Usage: t app test enc stillrawcap [Cmpr][DumpItuner] Cmpr:0 : Normal Raw, 1 : Compress Raw. DumpItuner: Enable dump ituner or not
videorawcap Usage: t app test videorawcap [RawCompress][Number][EnableFaseCapture][EnableYuv] RawCompress:0 : Normal Raw, 1 : Compress Raw. Number: Capture raw number. EnableFaseCapture: Enable fast capture or not EnableYuv: dump yuv or not

Usage: t app test enc<option>

Test option list:
stillrawcap
videorawcap

Video only AV photo preview video preview still chg_res ----vf----

t app test beep play <path>
t app test beep set_vol <vol>
t app test onoff [0/1] [time_to_poweroff] [time_to_wakeup]
t app test dual_stream [1|0]
t app test vf on
t app test vf sw

awb_setting [t_app] change awb mode to %d, modetype = %d chg_preview %s[t_app] you are now in %s
[t_app] change iso to %d [t_app] change shutter to %d scene_setting [t_app] mode : %d, change scene to %d crop_file [t_app] crop file %s: from %dms to %dms, output file: %s video_rot Just supply 180 rotation MCTF_off [t_app] turn %s MCTF sensor_flip [t_app] set sensor flip %s EIS_enable SS_enable [t_app] set SS %s OSD_rotate [t_app] set OSD rotate to %d degree single_ituner [t_app] %s dump iTuner file in SingleCapture b_shutter_setting [t_app] set b shutter to %f s, iso to %f max_shutter_setting [t_app] fix max shutter to %d enable_rawcap slow_motion enable_CFA set_EIS_range dewarp_support = %d eis_support = %d support_auto_low_light = %d video_rotated = %d show_temp dbg_dsp_event AmbaDSP_EventDbg = %d Usage: t app test dbg_dsp_event [0|1] sd_slow_write show_bs_buffer max_iso_setting [t_app] mode : %d, change iso index to %d dynamic_brc stream_id = %d
MaxBitRate = %d
AvgBitRate = %d
MinBitRate = %d

t app test dynamic_brc [0:pri | 1: sec] [MaxBitRate] [AvgBitRate] [MinBitRate]

pb_zoom x = %d, y = %d, factor = %d Usage: t app test pb_zoom [x] [y] [factor] ZoomX should be 1 ~ n ZoomY should be 1 ~ n Usage: t app test dzoom [factorX] [factorY] [shiftX Pixel] [shiftY Pixel]

[t_app] Usage : t app test set_wb [video:0|still:1] [RGain] [GGain] [BGain]

Usage: t app test <option>

Test option list:
chg_res
chg_LCD
chg_mode
chg_app
graph [set_debug_level | set_debug_module]
save_osd
convclut
freq
extenc [on | off | set_freq | sw]
texttrack [on | off | sw]
wakeup [alarm time(sec)]
enc
video_tlapse [ 500 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 5 | 30 ]
gui_ani [start | set_dly]
beep [play | set_vol]
onoff [0/1] [time_to_poweroff] [time_to_wakeup]
vf [on | off | sw]
rtsp [on | off | show]
rec [av | v | show]
ps
idr
np
sharepv [init | en | dis]
ae_meter
awb_setting
iso_setting
shutter_setting
scene_setting
crop_file [input name] [output name] [start ms] [end ms]
video_rot [rotate index]
MCTF_off [0:enable MCTF |1:disable MCTF]
sensor_flip [1:flip |0:normal]
EIS_enable [1:eek:n |0:eek:ff]
SS_enable [1:eek:n |0:eek:ff]
OSD_rotate [degree:0, 90, 180, 270]
b_shutter_setting [shutter_time_s] [ISO/100]
max_shutter_setting [shutter_idx]
single_ituner [1|0]
dual_stream [1|0]
enable_rawcap [1|0]
slow_motion [2|4|8]
app_status
enable_CFA [1|0] [width] [height]
set_EIS_range [%]
show_temp [0|1|2] (0:disable, 1:show always 2:show only when over threshold)
dbg_dsp_event [0|1]
sd_slow_write [threshold in ms]
show_bs_buffer [threshold in MB]
max_iso_setting [video:0/still:1] [ISO value]
dynamic_brc [0:pri | 1: sec] [MaxBitRate] [AvgBitRate] [MinBitRate]
t app test cache_dbg [1|0]
t app test adj_custom [0~2]
audio_effect channel [0|1]
channel_config [config]
usb_host [1|0]
set_qv [1|0] [delayms]
dzoom [factorX] [factorY] [shiftX Pixel] [shiftY Pixel]
detail

key Usage: t app key <key>
Key list:
up
up_rel
down
down_rel
left
left_rel
right
right_rel
zoomin
zoomin_rel
zoomout
zoomout_re l
set
focus
focus_rel
shutter
shutter_rel
record
mode
menu
power
del
stop_wifi
start_wifi [ssid] [name] [5G/2.4G]
poweroff [time]
pc [help]
up_rel down down_r

I've tried the wifi command in firmware 1.4.14, and the camera freezed, need to pull out the battery.
Code:
t app key start_wifi
or
t app key stop_wifi

But this script works:
Code:
#start or stop wifi
sleep 5
#t ipc rpc clnt exec1 '/usr/local/share/script/wifi_xy_stop.sh'
t ipc rpc clnt exec1 '/usr/local/share/script/wifi_xy_start.sh'

Is there a way to test executing commands while the camera is running via telnet?

Back