Insurance agent can't view footage I email him

Evolzar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on this forum. So I tried attaching the video to gmail but of course that doesn't work because it exceeds file limit size by nearly 4x. I tried uploading to Google Drive and sharing it with my agent but he can't view it. I tried uploading to dropbox and Mega and emailing him links but his office computers prevents him from downloading files. Is there another way to send him my dash cam videos? I'm with AllState if this help.

Put it on Youtube, everyone can see that!

(You don't need to make it public, just don't make it private.)

Put it on Youtube, everyone can see that!

(You don't need to make it public, just don't make it private.)
I just uploaded it to Youtube as Unlisted and emailed my adjuster the links to the clips. Thanks.

Funny thing is, I think allstate is blocking any emails that contains video files because I was able to send the exact same clip to my back up email just fine. I guess AllState servers blocks files for security reasons. Hopefully they're able to view my youtube links.

I just uploaded it to Youtube as Unlisted and emailed my adjuster the links to the clips. Thanks.

Funny thing is, I think allstate is blocking any emails that contains video files because I was able to send the exact same clip to my back up email just fine. I guess AllState servers blocks files for security reasons. Hopefully they're able to view my youtube links.
They probably have an email size limit since they will need to store millions of them for decades, adding a video file will easily exceed most limits.

If they can't view Youtube then they need to make some changes to their system, otherwise you will have to send it in via snail mail on floppy disks!

Best way to send original file via file exchange service. For example, wetransfer.com

send it in via snail mail on floppy disks

Hahahhaahhaaa......... I think I may have an unused box of 10 somewhere

Time rolls on and here we are

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting on this forum. So I tried attaching the video to gmail but of course that doesn't work because it exceeds file limit size by nearly 4x. I tried uploading to Google Drive and sharing it with my agent but he can't view it. I tried uploading to dropbox and Mega and emailing him links but his office computers prevents him from downloading files. Is there another way to send him my dash cam videos? I'm with AllState if this help.

Burn the video onto a DVD and send it to your agent via certified mail. This insures that he will receive it and documents that you sent it. Having a hard copy of the video allows your agent to easily archive and distribute copies to colleagues, superiors, in house attorneys, etc. and avoids any compression issues from putting video on YouTube.

Google drive is exc , but many miss the download button ( does not exactly stand out )
But yeah , just youtube ... (?)
But then do they know how to download a youtube video ?
Might have to do a screen grab and then directions to the download button ... ( Google drive )

(...) otherwise you will have to send it in via snail mail on floppy disks!
Last year Philips sent me a 256MB pen drive with a firmware update for a LED TV in a normal mail envelope from the Netherlands to Portugal, so it's another possibility. The problem is finding pen drives with less than 1GB, since is to give away. :)

Last year Philips sent me a 256MB pen drive with a firmware update for a LED TV in a normal mail envelope from the Netherlands to Portugal, so it's another possibility. The problem is finding pen drives with less than 1GB, since is to give away. :)
I've got a 16MB pen drive I was given as a gift, although that was a few years ago.

I sometimes give it to people to put files on, telling them they can delete everything on there to make space, it can still be a real challenge to fit a single file onto it, they don't always realise that the free space is measured in MB instead of GB :ROFLMAO:

Last year Philips sent me a 256MB pen drive with a firmware update for a LED TV in a normal mail envelope

How ridiculous is that......... How about a download button o_O

How ridiculous is that......... How about a download button o_O
Ok, let me tell you the whole story, then: the firmware that came with the TV had a compatibility problem with the audio description of 2 of the portuguese DTT channels, so I contacted Philips Portugal assistance and they told me to upgrade the firmware to the latest version available on their site, which corrected the problem.
I DOWNLOADED the file and followed the upgrade instructions but the TV didn't recognize it and never started the upgrade process. I phoned them again and they went through all the procedures with me (different pen drives, different file formats, different TV start modes, etc) but the problem persisted, that was when they decided to send me a pen drive with the firmware, to eliminate every possibility that there might be something on my end that they couldn't diagnose over the phone. I thought the pen drive was going to be sent by the portuguese branch, so you can imagine my surprise when I got an envelope from Holland with the pen drive inside. :eek::)
Anyway, that also didn't solve the problem because, as it turned out, there was a problem with the file's autoexec. :confused:
Two days later I received a phone call from Philips Portugal saying that the corrected file was available on their site. :)

Honestly I think insurance companies actively don't want video. I ran into the same issue.

I used Youtube. However my agent emailed back and said they weren't allowed to use an outside link on the case... that I would have to attach everything using their upload tool. I responded back that there was no way my video was going to be 15mb (the limit on their upload). I never got an answer on that.

The other side ended up (finally) accepting liability based only on the police report so I didn't pursue the video issue.

Honestly I think insurance companies actively don't want video. I ran into the same issue.

I used Youtube. However my agent emailed back and said they weren't allowed to use an outside link on the case... that I would have to attach everything using their upload tool. I responded back that there was no way my video was going to be 15mb (the limit on their upload). I never got an answer on that.

The other side ended up (finally) accepting liability based only on the police report so I didn't pursue the video issue.
Just like a lot of companies these days, they're still stuck in the stone age of IT. Eventually they'll figure it out but till then we have to deal with this bs.

Just a guess ... perhaps your Insurance Company dropped them a hint that you had a Video of the incident ... and that was enough for them to rethink their defence/denials and fess up?

Insurance companies don't act on hints; it's just not the way the business works. There is always an actuary involved whose job it is to deal with the measurement and management of risk and uncertainty. If the equation suggests that it is cheaper to settle, that's what they do. If the equation suggests the opposite, they do otherwise. Of course, there will be actuaries on both sides. If the actuary on either side decides that the situation requires the involvement of their legal department you are into another level entirely and they WILL want your actual video files, not YouTube.

Just like a lot of companies these days, they're still stuck in the stone age of IT. Eventually they'll figure it out but till then we have to deal with this bs.
In many cases it's the company's policy that employees cannot have access to YT, FB, etc.

In many cases it's the company's policy that employees cannot have access to YT, FB, etc.

I was just about to mention that. Another issue is malware. Many companies these days prohibit employees from clicking on links to download ANYTHING. They insist on media they can scan and verify.
I've been involved in a long term criminal harassment matter (the reason I first became interested in dash cams). The local state police and state agencies have a policy where they are not permitted to view online video documentation and require that it be submitted on digital media, so I have actual experience with this. As malware has become a ubiquitous problem this is becoming common practice.

(...) I would have to attach everything using their upload tool. I responded back that there was no way my video was going to be 15mb (the limit on their upload).
Well, you could reduce the video's resolution until the file has less than 15MB but the quality was going to be so poor that it would render the video useless. :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Managing / Editing Videos 7
Back