Mobius Lense CAD File

daveob

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey. I'm looking to make a mount for my mobius lense and run the lense extension cable up into the main body of the camera which will be stored in my sunglass storage area. I'm wondering if anyone has a CAD file for just a holder for the lense. I've found several files for holders for the entire camera but none for just the lense. If push comes to shove I plan on making my own CAD to get a piece 3D printed. Thanks!

Just be sure your chosen material can handle the heat- the sensor gets pretty hot in use ;)

Phil

Ahh geez, I hadn't considered that. The 3D printer I'm going to use uses Polylactic acid which has a melting point of 173 degrees C so I should be ok there. I might consider fitting a small heat sink to the sensor though so it shouldn't interfer with my mounting plans. I could also go to a metal case so the entire sensor holder acts as a heat sink but that would need to be version 2.0.

IIRC the metal plate attached to the back of the sensor is it's heat sink. That sits in plastic in the original case, so some kind of plastic will work- I just don't know which ones. 173C should be more than sufficient (y)

Phil

Hey. I'm looking to make a mount for my mobius lense and run the lense extension cable up into the main body of the camera which will be stored in my sunglass storage area. I'm wondering if anyone has a CAD file for just a holder for the lense. I've found several files for holders for the entire camera but none for just the lense. If push comes to shove I plan on making my own CAD to get a piece 3D printed. Thanks!

Here is some kind of lens holder
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:441919

Back