Getting a git2. What should i know?

jay13

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the main concerns ive read are wit te low lit recording and indoor recording. And also, issue wit battery charging.

Are these still issues or have updates fixed them?

I plan on mainly using this for outside purposes but for te occasional inside use, is there a certain setting i should use?

What about recording in low light or at night? Should i switch to a certain setting? Is it possible to have preset settings?

Waht about issues with batteries not fully caring? Or taking forever to charge?
Is that the case with the stock battery or with the unit itself? I plan on buying spare batteries..would that issue be eliminated with these spare batteries?

Any idea if these issues could be fixed in future updates?

Thanks!

I´ve never had any issues like described.
The stock batteries work fine and with the same duration time as the additional batteries i bought somewhere else. The difference ist about 10% and i don´t even notice it.
The free market batteries with higher capacitiy theoretically lasts a minute longer. Don´t mention about this.
I use the camera mainly for outdoor purposes, without any different settings. One setting matches most of the light situations.
In the videos you don´t see any issues.
If you keep in mind, it´s a budget camera not to compare with high end equipment, it´s worth every cent.

I use it mainly for my motorcycle dash cam however; when I brought it for snowboarding... the video is subpar due to low light (setting was the same for motorcycle usage). That maybe the issue.

Previous firmware will drop the frame in low light however; firmware 1.6 has eliminated this. In order to achieve this, I am guessing it will use higher ISO or slower shutter.

Remember to charge the battery with the camera every once in a while or else the capacitor may not hold any charge. It takes around 2-3 hours to fully charge the battery.

Last edited:
Back