Please check SD card. SD card write protection

blurb

Reaction score
Country
United States
DR650S-2CH purchased 2 weeks ago.
I upgraded the firmware via Over the Cloud on Android OS to v.1.005_2017.04.10 yesterday.
Today I started receiving "Please check SD Card" and could not get it to stop even with powering on and off, pulling out SD card and putting it back in.
I tried holding the button to format SD card in the camera, it says it is formatting. Reboots cam and goes back to saying Please check SD Card. I then brought the SD card into the house and it shows 59GB used on a 64GB card. Unable to format in Windows due to write protection.
How can I resolve these issues? Is this BlackVue branded SD Card trash?
Is there a stable firmware version I should try?

Is write protection enabled on the adapter you are using can get done without noticing U need to use guiformat x64 (google it) to format in Fat32 for cards over 32Gb Unless the camers now does them that size.

Gave guiformat x64 a shot and got the attached error. I pulled it out of the supplied card reader and using my multi card reader to no avail.

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-17_20-52-40.png
    upload_2017-5-17_20-52-40.png
    385 KB · Views: 7
Gave guiformat x64 a shot and got the attached error. I pulled it out of the supplied card reader and using my multi card reader to no avail.

common error in Win10, the program is a bit hit and miss when it comes to working with anything later than Win7

Tried running it in compatibility mode to Win 7... no luck. Tried the Blackvue SD Viewer... no luck. Has anyone dealt with customer service with Blackvue? Would they send out a new SD card after just 2 weeks?

I couldn't even blow away the partition on the SD card with Linux.

Tried running it in compatibility mode to Win 7... no luck. .

yeah that doesn't work either, some people have had success formatting the card as NTFS in Windows and then running GUIformat, from the sounds of things there's deeper issues with the card if you can't even get Windows to format it to begin with though so you might be best just to talk to your place of purchase about warranty

Bought it through Amazon. Tried their customer support. They had me try another micro SD card and then bought me a new SanDisk card for free when my other SD card worked.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J DR650S 7
Back