A119S too sharp day time video?

I think the terminology is confusing, adding sharpness generally has the opposite effect than the name would imply, results end up blurry as a result of adding 'sharpness'
Thank for the reply

OCD Tronic sells on amazon
"VIOFO A119S DashCam (Latest Updated May 2017 V2 GPS Mount, + EVA Foam)"

Does this refer only to the mount or there is a new firmware available?
I could not find any info on manufacturer's website about update.

What are the hardware changes please ? Thanks

same firmware still, it's only hardware changes

Any news about new firmware release date? How often Viofo published previous ones? I am new to this product, so I am trying to figure out if it is worth waiting for update or just get other dash cam.
It is shame the day video quality is way worse than older cams and not as advertised. :(

A119S is still very good. I don't understand why people would get another dashcam when the A119S has one of the best sensors available, is reliable, and has most of the needed features.

This is a DASH CAM, not a cinema camera. The goal is to make videos which can serve when there is an accident, not make "pleasing to the eye" movies (well if it does it's a plus, but not needed).

A119S is still very good. I don't understand why people would get another dashcam when the A119S has one of the best sensors available, is reliable, and has most of the needed features.

This is a DASH CAM, not a cinema camera. The goal is to make videos which can serve when there is an accident, not make "pleasing to the eye" movies (well if it does it's a plus, but not needed).
I got both the a119s and a119. I think i prefer the original a119.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

For starters, just because it is not what was advertised. I agree, night time is much better now, but my day time is not what I saw in descriptions and other videos. It is too sharp, I am not an expert about optics and photography, so I cannot tell what else may participate to overall day video being not so clear and "eye pleasing", I cannot even clearly read registration plates (no, I don't need glasses for that), so in case of more troubled situation as hit and run it will not serve its purpose too well.

And if it is really so good, why not tweak a few things more in new firmware and let customers enjoy the product.

I agree, it is a dash cam, but if we approach the subject only from that angle, what is the reason for spending $120 for this model instead of something else that cost a third or a half of that price and I am positive it will be recording video as well.
To achieve a goal of making video of accident, you don't need 1080P camera.

I was hoping to use it to record my trips, I drive a lot and sometimes it would be nice to have some of that recorded. I don't want to install a gopro on my windshield. I don't see a problem with using dash cam for that, since manufacturer spec says 1080p at 60 fps and like to spend my monies on items that can do a few things for me. 1080P dash cam with good lens and sensor can record accidents, nice scenery, time lapse, etc, you know like a smart phones, no one carry them just to make a phone calls.
It's just my opinion of course.

Fixed: Camera freezing while showing XXXX on screen. Was this the only change in the new firmware update?

I also got the right side not as sharp as the left side issue. Right third is less focused.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

Fixed: Camera freezing while showing XXXX on screen. Was this the only change in the new firmware update?
I believe they trimmed down a bit sharpness or it is maybe just my eyes.

I believe they trimmed down a bit sharpness or it is maybe just my eyes.
They would have noted that in the release log

I think the terminology is confusing, adding sharpness generally has the opposite effect than the name would imply, results end up blurry as a result of adding 'sharpness'

Yeah ... I also read this in another forum in a new TV thread. Someone was saying to pull the Sharpness setting back to 0.
The average person, like myself ... would crank it up, believing that it improves clarity of picture.

Back