Your advice on what should buy

Mishal

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello DashCamTalk members,

I'm new to the dashcam business. And I'm amazed by the community and experience in this Forum.

I want to buy a dashcam with the following features. I'm unable to find and decide which model to go for. I would be grateful if you could help me to find some options. Thank you in advance for your support and valuable advice:

Features I'm looking for:

- 24 hours recording time
- Support Audio
I mainly need the camera to record inside the car not outside

Optional additional Features:
- Dual Lens (Internal + Front )
- GPS Log
- Support Night Vision

Not Required Features:
- LCD Screen

Looking forward to see some options. Thank you :)

24 hour recording time will need a large SD card, and it is not all dashcams that can handle such large SD cards, and you will need a 256 Gb card and those are expensive.

All dashcams record audio too.
Most also have GPS support, some the GPS antenna you have to buy as a extra.
Only a few support Night Vision with IR illuminated footage, and some of them the amount of IR light are poor so not really reaching people in the back.

Good thing are you can add a extra IR emitter to the car, these CCTV lights are not that expensive but you have to look out for the spread of the light, most have a tight beam.

There are a few cameras of the type we some times call taxi cameras.

I think this one are the best at the moment, just be sure to get the one that have the IR camera, the other model are just regular 2 channel that will be bad in low light as it have no IR LED's.

Be advised i am not sure this camera support the largest SD cards you will need to hold 24 hours of recordings, you could get around this by using several smaller SD cards like the cheaper 128 Gb ones

Thank you @kamkar1

Guys,
is there any other options? that I shall look at. what about Dome D201 for example

You can film the inside of the car with must about any dash or action camera in the daytime, but as sun start to set things will get more and more problematic, and the people in the car will just be dark silhouettes even before the sun have set or its dark outside by human eye standards.

Okay light 0 okay footage.

Less light less good footage.

Unfortunate angle also problematic.

The above are not recorded with the came cameras, #1 are recorded with the mobius 2 camera - #2 are recorded with the jovuu x cam and finally #3 are recorded with the good old mobius camera.

You really do need light to capture the whole inside of the car in low or dark light, or just drive in the daytime.

Thats my little sisters oldest girl, and yes she have the potential to be a real heartbreaker, we will have to see she have a boyfriend now.

Back