Mobius 2 Action/Dash Cam support thread

Sure I did but it didnt help. I also tried manually update the software (copying the update file to sd card and turining on the camera) the problem I have is that the camera does not turn on. It stays with red LED on forever (until it turns off itself in a 2-3min or so)

Disconnect the battery and reconnect again after waiting 3o seconds. See if that works for you.

Quick question about exposure and color balance. I have used a Mobius1 for over a year and it's been great. Now I've upgraded to Mobius2 (from the ebay seller linked in the other thread), but the color seems off. The white balance and exposure in mobius1 was spot on, but the mobius2 seems to be weirdly green and low contrast.

See my screenshot:
Nli8G0k.jpg

I'm running the very latest firmware, tried different sd cards (sandisk/samsung), turned HDR on and off, reset exposure/WB levels etc. etc. Again, mobius1 did this spot on and gave crisp, balanced color, but the mobius2 does not. I don't see anybody else having the same issue in the forums. Anybody have any ideas?

Quick question about exposure and color balance. I have used a Mobius1 for over a year and it's been great. Now I've upgraded to Mobius2 (from the ebay seller linked in the other thread), but the color seems off. The white balance and exposure in mobius1 was spot on, but the mobius2 seems to be weirdly green and low contrast.

See my screenshot:
Nli8G0k.jpg

I'm running the very latest firmware, tried different sd cards (sandisk/samsung), turned HDR on and off, reset exposure/WB levels etc. etc. Again, mobius1 did this spot on and gave crisp, balanced color, but the mobius2 does not. I don't see anybody else having the same issue in the forums. Anybody have any ideas?

Unfortunately, the Mobius 2 has been a multifaceted, still unfolding disaster right out of the starting gate and now fully a year after it was finally released to the marketplace things are still not much better with no indication of whether the camera is still even in development. Rumor has it that a M3 is in the works but where does that leave all the buyers of the M2?

Last public release firmware update (v2.08) was posted Apr 12, 2017.

Any settings in the software? Looks like the Hue is off. There's insufficient red in the picture by the looks of it, hence the blue / green cast. That's why grass that should be yellow is just green - low levels of red.

Any settings in the software? Looks like the Hue is off. There's insufficient red in the picture by the looks of it, hence the blue / green cast. That's why grass that should be yellow is just green - low levels of red.

No amount of fooling with the GUI settings will fix what is wrong here, I'm afraid.

Only answer then will be to rebalance it in post if there's a particular clip you want. Not ideal though. At least there appears to be some red recorded, otherwise you'd be screwed even in post as you can't apply selective amplification to what isn't there.

I'd have thought the balance issue should be a firmware issue though and easily fixable. It would be a very unusual sensor if it only recorded the blue / green end of the spectrum.

It seems fixable in post, however I am a little disappointed. I always read up on the things I buy and I never found any reviews or samples talking about this issue. But it seems like a simple white balance issue that I can work on before publishing to YouTube. IMO, it should be fixable in firmware as it only happens in bright daylight.

No amount of fooling with the GUI settings will fix what is wrong here, I'm afraid.

Dashmellow has posted much on this very subject, and he's tried darn near every combination of settings to alleviate the issue to no avail ;) If there's a 'fix' it will have to be done in post-editing, it currently cannot be fixed in the cam :( The developers of the M2 seem as if they are no longer doing much towards fixing the problem so while it may still happen in a future update I wouldn't rely on that :cry:

Phil

Dashmellow has posted much on this very subject, and he's tried darn near every combination of settings to alleviate the issue to no avail ;) If there's a 'fix' it will have to be done in post-editing, it currently cannot be fixed in the cam :( The developers of the M2 seem as if they are no longer doing much towards fixing the problem so while it may still happen in an update I wouldn't rely on that :cry:

Phil

One of these days I will probably do a write-up about my 11 months of frustration with this camera and with the evasive responses from the developer or almost complete lack thereof to my questions and concerns.

More than five weeks ago I sent a lengthy, detailed report about issues with the M2, the latest firmware, new lens, etc. (as well as the color shifting issues with the M1 A2 lens camera). For the second or third time I also again asked some simple straightforward questions that the developer apparently is reluctant to answer such as "what is the focal length and aperture of the lens on the M2 and on the new M1 A2?" I also asked why I had not received a reply to my previous email report weeks earlier.

On May 2, I got the following reply.

"Thanks a lot for your long email. We are reviewing it and will get back to you point to point in details soon. Very sorry I did not reply your previous emails in details."

Never got a follow-up.

Not the first time I received a "We are reviewing your email and will get back to you" reply that went unanswered.

I don't know for certain but I get the impression the M2 has been abandoned at this point. Time will tell, but in the meantime everyone who purchased an M2 and is disappointed by the performance has been left in limbo.

In the meantime I have taken both M2 units I own out of service.

For someone like me who is a huge long time fan of the Mobius 1 who owns many of them this has all been a very discouraging experience.

I feel your sadness. Had this camera developed into what was expected from it, it would have been nearly perfect for me (and that is saying a lot being as critical of things as I am). Nobody could have done more than you did Dashmellow, and you and your outstanding efforts are deeply appreciated by many here (y)

Keep the faith my friend, better things will come along whether they carry the Mobius name or not.

Phil

I feel your sadness. Had this camera developed into what was expected from it, it would have been nearly perfect for me (and that is saying a lot being as critical of things as I am). Nobody could have done more than you did Dashmellow, and you and your outstanding efforts are deeply appreciated by many here (y)

Keep the faith my friend, better things will come along whether they carry the Mobius name or not.

Phil

Thanks.

Yeah, generally speaking, a Mark II second version of a product can be expected to be an improved and enhanced version of the original. The M2 spent a full year or more in development after it was publicly announced and now it has been a year since it was released to the market. The camera has basically been a disaster from the beginning and falls far short of the original on many levels. And here we are with an AWOL developer. :(

I have been extremely reluctant up until recently to say much of anything negative about the M2 in the hope that the problems would eventually be resolved and questions would be answered. Frankly, I've lost faith in the whole "man behind the curtain" approach taken by this developer. He is a very nice guy who happens to be very articulate and has perfect English language skills. There is no reason for him not to be publicly engaged.

Last edited:
a couple of their engineers left, don't know if they were the ones who worked specifically on this model but either way they would have very limited resources right now as a result

I'm sorry to hear that engineers have left and I can certainly understand that Peter may be otherwise distracted but the basic pattern of not following up or answering questions really goes back all the way to last July. Perhaps I will go onto the whole story some other time but like I said, I've been reluctant to make negative remarks. Also, some of it was probably my fault as I was busy with other priorities and it sometimes took much longer than it should have for me to follow up about different firmwares I was testing. Still, I think it doesn't take much effort to answer simple non-proprietary questions or even provide a change-log regarding new firmware that is being provided.

I'll say this. Some months ago I wrote a 2500 word report that included annotated tests I shot of calibrated color charts, RGB colorimeter tests and a discussion of color correction and digital color management since that is an area of my professional expertise. I was trying to show how fundamentally off the whites and greys were in the early firmware and how if you can get the whites to be white and the grey to be grey, then all the other colors tend to fall into place. I got a nice reply thanking me and telling me that they were reviewing my report and would get back to me shortly but that was the end of it.

Last edited:
It do seem like mobius have reset their own score, and a score that was pretty okay with the old mobius, but all that good have now been destroyed by the M2 and the company are back to square #1

And no replies when users contact you are pretty bad, joovuu seem to be marching down the same road at the moment. :(

In reference to in-camera formatting, mine blinks blue after i hold down the shutter and mode buttons, then hit power. In the manual, it states its supposed to blink red/blue. After I select shutter to format, it flashes red about 20-22 times, then flashes red/blue.

Also, I have loop recording turned on.
After a few hours of recording, it will no longer blink red as it records, but rather stays lit constantly red.
I look at the footage and see that it's not recording over the old files.

Am I missing a setting?

Thanks in advance.
Shnick

It seems my troubles are solved by a reset button push.
Seems a bit of a pain eh? If I'm going to install another 3 of these I'd like to know I wont be crawling in the back of the jeep to reset them every 2-3 days.

If anyone has a permanent fix I'm all ears.
Thanks

It's been widely stated here on DCT that the M2 is not well-developed, and because of that almost none of us will recommend it. I'd suggest reading about the M2 to understand why you don't want one and then choosing another cam instead ;)

Phil

It's been widely stated here on DCT that the M2 is not well-developed, and because of that almost none of us will recommend it. I'd suggest reading about the M2 to understand why you don't want one and then choosing another cam instead ;)

Phil
Anyway,M2 is one popular item according to their ebay sales record...

I've had very little trouble with the M2.
Buuuuut...

I think it doesn't know what to do when it runs out of memory. When this happens, it blinks a few times and shuts off when its full, presumably it has trouble over-writing the old videos.
I have over-write turned on. and the super capacitor means I got instant shutdown enabled.
A quick reset/card format fixes that. (64 gig class 10 card) If I need video off it, I copy the file I need to the laptop and leave the rest.

Other than that, I'm ready to put 3 more in the jeep.

Back