Mobius Recording Light on - but nothing been saved for a month!!!

Memory is tricky stuff. Just because it works in one camera but not in the other, it is not necessarily true that the second camera is at fault.

It could be that the memory is out of spec but one camera is simply more tolerant of the fault.

It's the same in PCs, sometimes a memory card is bad but will still work OK in some machines or even different slots in the same machine.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Memory is tricky stuff. Just because it works in one camera but not in the other, it is not necessarily true that the second camera is at fault.

It could be that the memory is out of spec but one camera is simply more tolerant of the fault.

It's the same in PCs, sometimes a memory card is bad but will still work OK in some machines or even different slots in the same machine.
SD card that has been working with 10-20 devices is not working on one particular mobius. Must be card issue! :rolleyes:

Since mobius should work on almost any card, why this (and many other cases in google) would be card issues? Would it be anyhow possible that some percentace of mobius cameras are just faulty and therefore they do not accept any cards? If I find a card that works on this one, I would say so. My other mobius is just fine with any card that I have tested.

SD card that has been working with 10-20 devices is not working on one particular mobius. Must be card issue! :rolleyes:

That sounds like strong evidence, but it's one sided, ie you've tested the card rigorously but not the camera. (And are all those devices equally demanding???)

If you also test the camera with other cards and get failure, you've got very strong evidence. If those cards work well in other identical cameras, you've got very very strong evidence.

All I'm saying is that strong evidence sometimes misleads you. Trust me, it's true.

Sometimes strong evidence paints you into a corner with impossible contradictions and you have no choice but to repeat tests and abandon any assumptions being made.

Sorry for labouring the point, it's just a note of caution that comes from experience. I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just a general observation.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Memory is tricky stuff

Indeed, and it gets worse as you get older :p

Though I can't explain why, every cam is something of an individual with SD cards. Occasionally one owner will find a card which many others have a great experience with simply does not work for them in any given cam. Most of us have a 'favorite' brand or card which has always done well, but you must always be ready to try something different if it doesn't ;) Just part of the game, nobody can guarantee your results.

Phil

That sounds like strong evidence, but it's one sided, ie you've tested the card rigorously but not the camera. (And are all those devices equally demanding???)

If you also test the camera with other cards and get failure, you've got very strong evidence. If those cards work well in other identical cameras, you've got very very strong evidence.

All I'm saying is that strong evidence sometimes misleads you. Trust me, it's true.

Sometimes strong evidence paints you into a corner with impossible contradictions and you have no choice but to repeat tests and abandon any assumptions being made.

Sorry for labouring the point, it's just a note of caution that comes from experience. I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just a general observation.

Though I can't explain why, every cam is something of an individual with SD cards. Occasionally one owner will find a card which many others have a great experience with simply does not work for them in any given cam. Most of us have a 'favorite' brand or card which has always done well, but you must always be ready to try something different if it doesn't ;) Just part of the game, nobody can guarantee your results.

Now I have found a 2GB card that works just fine on this second mobius. It just proves the point that all mobius cameras are unique and some are really picky with the memory. Most(?) of the cameras will accept almost ANY card you throw at them and still some might reject 95% of cards without any valid reason.

So in conclusion: if you have trouble to find a working memorycard for mobius, it's the camera not the memory. Most likely you can find a card that works, but you might need to test many of them. A good/normal mobius will take almost any card and record normally.

...and now I have to find a bigger card that works. 2GB is way too small for me.

Now I have found a 2GB card that works just fine on this second mobius. It just proves the point that all mobius cameras are unique and some are really picky with the memory. Most(?) of the cameras will accept almost ANY card you throw at them and still some might reject 95% of cards without any valid reason.

So in conclusion: if you have trouble to find a working memorycard for mobius, it's the camera not the memory. Most likely you can find a card that works, but you might need to test many of them. A good/normal mobius will take almost any card and record normally.

...and now I have to find a bigger card that works. 2GB is way too small for me.

FWIW, I own 5 Mobius 1 cameras which include versions going back the the first v1 PCB model and I've used a wide array of different memory card brands (and memory capacities) in all of them without every having any issues whatsoever.

I'm using Kingston 32 and 64 gb cards. No problem.

Back