Interesting observation when using USB 90 degree adaptors

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front A119 , Rear A119S v1
I recently purchased and installed a 90 degree USB type gizmo that allows the standard USB power lead to attach to the Viofo A119S at a different angle. I noticed randomly sometimes the camera would fail to power on, or it would power on many minutes afterwards, sometimes 20 mins later the Viofo A119S would start to come on and record, the camera is easily viewable as whilst driving via my rear view mirror ( A119s is rear window mounted ).

I believe some of these adaptors dont work well on the A119S. Although not sure if quality or maker differs the one on my A119 front cam has not given me any issues and works perfectly fine.

As soon as I removed the 90 degree usb power adaptors from the equation, the A119s seems to be having no more power ON issues. or such.

I have used these for years and certainly there is a massive variation in quality from my experience

Try the adapter from your front cam, the A119, that you know works fine. I haven't heard anyone have any issues with the adapters I supply, but a defective part is possible.

VIOFO should consider switching to an angled version of the mini USB cable or include an angled adapter for the non GPS package.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S A119S 3
Back