Shadow2s Plus Impression & Review

Similar to the auto club, such as exchange association? Perhaps no one by the response, I think industry lack of leader, Maybe I am less source of information

I'm curious what kind of protocol does the Shadow2s even have... as I've used cheap OBD2 adapter (pretty generic... https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00W0SDLRY) on my car before and was able to provide most of the information, like revs, speed, etc.; but just not the Shadow2s; well... Sometimes it does give a readout, but that's only like 5% chance of it providing the revs and speed when I went through footage recorded.

I'm curious what kind of protocol does the Shadow2s even have... as I've used cheap OBD2 adapter (pretty generic... https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00W0SDLRY) on my car before and was able to provide most of the information, like revs, speed, etc.; but just not the Shadow2s; well... Sometimes it does give a readout, but that's only like 5% chance of it providing the revs and speed when I went through footage recorded.
I looked at the unmatched car in the car that was in 2007. How could you be connected to the car in 2001?

I mean: OBDII was started in 1996, but the agreement of all models is different, even if the same brand of car, different years, the agreement is different, Such as BMW X5, But Shadow tec Now used the agreement can support 20007 years later car make, just like GT880s, I think the current 80% of car can OBD II

I mean: OBDII was started in 1996, but the agreement of all models is different, even if the same brand of car, different years, the agreement is different, Such as BMW X5, But Shadow tec Now used the agreement can support 20007 years later car make, just like GT880s, I think the current 80% of car can OBD II

I don't think it's that simple, pre or post 2007 is still an issue, lots of models will have patchy support

I don't think it's that simple, pre or post 2007 is still an issue, lots of models will have patchy support

Yep that not simple to do.
So I think shadow - tec adjustable agreement only for the use of manufactured after 2007 car made , because they can reduce a lot of after sales

Yep that not simple to do.
So I think shadow - tec adjustable agreement only for the use of manufactured after 2007 car made , because they can reduce a lot of after sales

will still be a problem, look at the Lukas models with ODB overlays, not many models they can support anything more than very basic functions only, it's a problem of the format, not really a Shadow-Tec problem as such

Updated Post #1 and #2 for some dusk/night video footage by itself and in comparison to the Viofo A119S.

Also a comment/mention about the front and rear video being out of sync with inconsistency timing; at first, I thought it would have been off by 2 seconds only, but now I'm noticing it just varies all over the place with the timing of the front and rear file names.

Updated Post #1 and #2 for some dusk/night video footage by itself and in comparison to the Viofo A119S.

Also a comment/mention about the front and rear video being out of sync with inconsistency timing; at first, I thought it would have been off by 2 seconds only, but now I'm noticing it just varies all over the place with the timing of the front and rear file names.
I'm assuming this is an issue with the chipset driving the simultaneous feeds, which is the GC1024 is it or the EX291? Shadow don't make it clear from their press material which is the sensor or which is the chipset.

I will be testing the 2S I received too in the coming weeks and see how that fares too

I'm assuming this is an issue with the chipset driving the simultaneous feeds, which is the GC1024 is it or the EX291? Shadow don't make it clear from their press material which is the sensor or which is the chipset.

I will be testing the 2S I received too in the coming weeks and see how that fares too

From what I was told, it's use a EX291 sensor, the model I'm testing is the Shadow2s Plus

will still be a problem, look at the Lukas models with ODB overlays, not many models they can support anything more than very basic functions only, it's a problem of the format, not really a Shadow-Tec problem as such
I think the shadow - tec protocol compatibility is good, my customers have no feedback OBD nformation doesn't work

Updated post #2 and #3, post #2 is just 1 video comparison against the VAVA Dash, whereas post #3 is just 3 daytime video throughout the day and similar video posted on VAVA Dash Impression thread linked in post #3, so you guys can view it in full screen and compare yourself, as sometimes I get complaints about doing half/half is too small.

Back