Looking for a Setup for uber/lyft vehicle.

KRAZIEBOY

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hope you guys can help. I'm going to be a uber/lyft driver and am looking for front and rear camera, and a 3rd camera that can take video inside( just in case... some crazy ppl out there. ) Really looking for the best setup. Max i wanna spend is 700-1k... pretty big budget. thanks!

I'm looking for the same setup; I don't see any other replies, but I'm curious if you found a setup that works for you?

I'm thing about the Think ware F770 for front and rear, and then my second phone running a separate app like Alfred.

I drive for Uber, Lyft, and Amazon so I run a second phone via my main phone on wifi, then I run Uber on one and Lyft on the other. When I'm just driving for Amazon, I use the second phone as a GPS backup since Amazon's internal GPS likes to drive me into rivers.

Last edited:
Many folks in the passenger transport trades use the Thinkware F50 ;) The F770 should serve you well too. I've noted to the cam manufacturers on here many times over that there is a large market segment for 'Taxi cams' specifically tailored for those needs, but so far nobody has acted on that. So you're stuck with just doing the best you can with whatever is currently available :( Look carefully at the low-light qualities of whichever cams you are considering as most currently made cams are nearly useless at night except on very brightly lit streets.

And welcome to DCT :)
Phil

Back