Need advice on dashcam to record interior

HunkyWunky

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

My friend is going to drive for Uber/Lyft . His Camry is already equipped with Viofo A119S.
So now, he is looking for a discreet dashcam for the interior recording.

He said he is looking "mobius". I am not sure if this is a good choice or not, especially when driving at night.

If you heve any ideas, please share. ^0^

Thank you very much,

Overall Mobius is great dashcam, but depends on discrete he want to go and what is budget ?

Overall Mobius is great dashcam, but depends on discrete he want to go and what is budget ?
Mobius is a very discreet for my opinion. Also, the budget is around $100)

What I concern is that how mobius performs when recording inside during the night-time driving?

Mobius is a very discreet for my opinion. Also, the budget is around $100)

What I concern is that how mobius performs when recording inside during the night-time driving?

You need to buy IR LED.

Yeah you will need something that can be aided by a IR light, so if you go by something like a mobius you will need to replace the lens with one that allow IR light to pass thru.
And then you will have to live with wierd colored day and night time footage, but i dont personally think colors matter that much, its more facial recognition or the ability to do that in case.

This is a joovuu x camera with a IR pass lens, and a 10 W IR light, but the light have a pretty focussed beam so its not optimal.
But had it been a wider IR beam i am sure the footage not least in regard to the back seat would have been better.
Also camera placement, down low on the dashbord are not optimal for a cab / uber whatever car.

As you can see seats and headrests block a lot of the back seat, so camera will have to be up high. ( filmed with mobius 2 not recommended ATM )

This is better but as you can see even here in daytime there can be problems regarding coverage of the rear seat.

( joovuu x cam seem to lack support )

Back