Problems with A119S v2

zephiris

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm having a problem with the A119S v2, and I don't know if it is a problem with the dashcam or not.

I have it in my room testing it right now, it's connected to a wall plug using the cable it came with. It looks like after a few minutes, the recording stops. When I press the power button, I see the time still moving, but the recording time stopped and the red circle on the screen that is usually blinking which would mean it's recording, is just on and not blinking. I've seen this happen a few times already, with how long it happens vary. I also tried updating the firmware since I saw a post about a new firmware, but the same thing happens. I'm using a Samsung EVO 32GB microsd card. I'm not sure if the problem is with the dashcam, the microsd card, or the power source.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Motion detection is turned off?

Double check your memory card also, use h2testw to test it

Yes, Motion detection is off. Formatted the card on my PC in fat32, and ran h2testw. Say test finished without errors. Here is the output:

Code:
Warning: Only 29975 of 29976 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 7.22 MByte/s
Reading speed: 18.3 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Format the card again in the camera.

Tried formatting the card in the camera a few times already, same results.

Transcend 400x or High Endurance, SanDisk High Endurance are ok also
I wasn't able to get any of the size I wanted for those due to amazon stock, but a friend had a Lexar 633x 64GB. Used that for about 2-3 hours, no problems. Looks like the problem was the Samsung EVO microsd card. Thanks for the help.

I wasn't able to get any of the size I wanted for those due to amazon stock, but a friend had a Lexar 633x 64GB. Used that for about 2-3 hours, no problems. Looks like the problem was the Samsung EVO microsd card. Thanks for the help.

no need to waste your money on expensive High Endurance microSD cards, buy only Lexar 633x 64GB High-Performance ($30) since the warranty covers Dashcam use.

Back