Does your 2 yr plus dashcam work as well now as it did on day 1?

As you can tell by what's written below my avatar, I have 3 cameras. The G1W-H was used for 4 months in a row without any problems, then replaced by the AT11DA, which has been "in activity" since September 2015, also without a single problem. Even after going through one unusually hot 2016 Summer, with a total of 29 days with temperatures above 40ºC (104ºF) and a completely insane 2017 Spring - March was hot, April was even hotter and dry, and May has had so far more days above 30ºC (86ºF) than below (the last 2 days, temperatures reached 39ºC, 102ºF!) - it doesn't seem to have affected it's performance, lens focus or battery. Generic, unbranded, cheap camera (cheap, only as in "didn't cost me nothing") but it's still doing its job well. The XS is "on hold", waiting for a firmware update to improve video quality, which is unusable at the moment.
Still using the same Kingston 32GB (and the same card reader) since March 2015, except for the occasional swap with one of the Transcends for testing purposes.

Hmmmm .
Blueskysea G1Wc is still working .. Not exactly sure how long ( just checked 1 year and 11 months )

I forgot to mention one thing that on the other hand is working better than it did on day 1: the mic. The one that came with the camera was utter rubbish and I replaced it 3 days later. ;)

Back