VAVA Dash Impression

@runtohell121
Thanks for bringing us a new cam and your thoughts- I'm liking the form-factor and sensor :D Looking forward to hearing of your further experiences.

On the cable-integrated GPS, it's like the form-factor of 'wedge' cams: great for those who can make good use of it but awful for those who can't. As long as a regular cable will work to power the cam I see no great loss as I'm not a fan of GPS in dashcams. The proprietary mount concerns me if it isn't rock-solid since there are no other choices to go to. One should not design in limitations when addressing the general marketplace ;)

Phil

The mount was one of the issues why the dash cam was delayed from April to May for doorbuster backers. Looking at their community page on FB, one user already broke the mount and others are worried about the same issue, as there is no replacement available yet and it does somewhat seem a bit fragile if you put too much force to remove it off the windshield to move it around.

going by tooling I've already seen they've taken some of that Kickstarter windfall and are spending it on some much more traditional type dashcam product

Well, merging Lincoln Town Car driver...

Back