New here with rookie mistake

James.R.UstlerIV

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Rexing V1P
Good day, I wanted to take the opportunity to make my first post here an introduction and also admit to my first mistake. (?)

I recently acquired a Rexing V1 and have had no problems with it so far *knock on wood* mounting it via suction cup adapter and powering it through a 12V accessory plug.

I had a few spare Micro-SD cards so I am currently using a SanDisk 32GB card. I understand that they are apparently not good for dashcam use, but until I can order a Transcend 64GB card it's what I have.

Its primary home is my 2015 Jeep Wrangler.

I have created a YouTube channel and posted only one video so far - since I'm new and on mobile, I'm not sure how to post a link for it - but you can find it as "RB Dashcam."

Hope to chat with you all and learn as much as I can!

Take care.

Welcome to the party.

how_to.jpg

Welcome
Here is a link to his page.

Thank you all for the welcome, posting the link to my YouTube channel, and for the help figuring out how to post links. It's great to be here!

I'm slowly compiling more clips, and hope to eventually get another video posted.

Take care!

You are welcome.

Sounds good. There are quite a few different software choices that do a good job.

Do you have a recommendation as far as Mac software for creating videos? I am able to cut my videos into clips using QuickTime, but as I understand, iMovie is somewhat limited in what it can do.

It's nearly as bad as the fat guy(myself) who fitted his rear cam upside down, and was searching for the "invert image" button on software that it doesn't have, oddly enough when the sticker/writing on the cam is upright the image isn't!!

Last edited:
Back