DDpai Mini 2

I got a Mini 2 and it's been in the car for a 10 days. I'm using a 128GB card that I formatted in the dashcam.

Today when I got into the car the dashcam was beeping - single beep every 10-15 seconds. I connected with the Android app and it said that the SD card was full - to delete some files.

Isn't it meant to delete old files when it fills up? It seems to have deleted files from the first few days of operation (ie SD card starts on 10/10/16 not 6/10/16 when I installed it) but won't do it any more. Has anyone else come across this problem?

It also doesn't seem to be going into parking mode much - I have lots of videos when the car is parked in the street not moving.

When it beeps at you, it usually means there's a problem with the SD card. I don't think 64GB is officially supported. How do you have the 128GB card formatted? I'd format it to FAT32 in windows, and then try it in the camera.

I've had problems with my unit reliably going into parking mode when at 1440P. I've set it to 1080P and it works as expected.

Anyone install the new 3.5.2.0 firmware? Seems the M6+ folks are having problems with their version of the update.

From the DDPai Chinese site (Google Translated):

[No.] mini2 camera version v3.5.2.0
1, video storage optimization, after the upgrade will be cleared automatically formatted sd card, sd card, please make a backup of important data before upgrading!
2, sd card storage folder name and directory structure has changed;
3, sd card recording without exception "ding" tone to Chinese voice prompt "memory exception";
4, through storage optimization, reducing the chance of bad blocks sd card, video recording to reduce problems caused by abnormalities caused by abnormal sd card, sd card to extend the service life;
5, parking monitor settings to modify, add parking power protection settings, removing the time-lapse video switch settings;
6, running for some time to repair some users encounter low probability reboot bug;
7, repair abnormal power failure last video file sometimes can not play bug.

When it beeps at you, it usually means there's a problem with the SD card. I don't think 64GB is officially supported. How do you have the 128GB card formatted? I'd format it to FAT32 in windows, and then try it in the camera.

I formatted the 128GB card via the Android App - it recognises it ok. I powered the camera down and putt the SD card in my laptop - it was full (I didn't delete anything). When I put it back in the camera and powered it back on the beeping stopped. I'll wait and see what happens over the next few days.

I formatted the 128GB card via the Android App - it recognises it ok. I powered the camera down and putt the SD card in my laptop - it was full (I didn't delete anything). When I put it back in the camera and powered it back on the beeping stopped. I'll wait and see what happens over the next few days.

Did you upgrade the firmware to the new one? I'm reading lots of problems with the new firmware on the Chinese forums - and one of the complaints is SD card filling up for no reason

Sorry for the delay, didn't use the car for a few days. Firmware is v3.5.1.4 - it's now prompting me to update it to something newer but it sounds like I should give that a miss for a while. It hasn't played up since last week - not sure what is going on. I've changed the image size down to 1080 today - hopefully parking mode will work better like that.

Is it possible to change how long a segment is saved when you press the wireless button?

No way to change the clip length. If you still have problems, I'd recommend you format to FAT32. I read somewhere that it doesn't work well with NFTS, which is how your computer will natively format cards 64GB and greater.

Did you upgrade the firmware to the new one? I'm reading lots of problems with the new firmware on the Chinese forums - and one of the complaints is SD card filling up for no reason
Has this been fixed? @Yooshaw

I spoke with the manufacturer today, he told me that the problem with the bitrate (video quality) is solved. To be honest, I doubt it.
I see it only when I see raw video
from experience, I would say, optimal quality (on the Hisilicon HI3516 ) can be achieved minimum from 13 Mb/s
@alexsoll how much do you charge to have bit rate increased? I have paypal
@peter_mcc any luck now that time has gone by?

@peter_mcc any luck now that time has gone by?

It had the same problem about a week later. A week or so ago it was parked in the sun and got stuck in a reboot loop - I powered it down for a while and it was ok when it started back.

Generally it seems to be ok. I haven't updated to the latest firmware yet - I'm interested to know if the problems have been fixed.

It had the same problem about a week later. A week or so ago it was parked in the sun and got stuck in a reboot loop - I powered it down for a while and it was ok when it started back.

Generally it seems to be ok. I haven't updated to the latest firmware yet - I'm interested to know if the problems have been fixed.
I have the latest fw and so far, I've been running well.

Does anyone know how to check the video on the sdcard WITHOUT taking the sd card out? Is it possible through wifi? I know if I hit the bluetooth snapshot disc it will do it. But wasn't sure how to check ALL video on sd card.

I have the latest fw and so far, I've been running well.

Does anyone know how to check the video on the sdcard WITHOUT taking the sd card out? Is it possible through wifi? I know if I hit the bluetooth snapshot disc it will do it. But wasn't sure how to check ALL video on sd card.

What firmware are you on? I check sporadically on the Chinese forum, and generally seems that the firmware is not fixed. But I've noticed DDPai has issued several firmwares over the last two weeks.

Over wifi on your phone, you should be able to review footage. While in the live view, put the phone in portrait mode, then tap the screen. A button on the side should have the "scissors" icon. Tap that and you can view past footage via a scroll function. All of this is going off memory, and for all I know, the firmware and/or app update may have changed this functionality (I don't review footage except manually on my computer).

What firmware are you on? I check sporadically on the Chinese forum, and generally seems that the firmware is not fixed. But I've noticed DDPai has issued several firmwares over the last two weeks.

Over wifi on your phone, you should be able to review footage. While in the live view, put the phone in portrait mode, then tap the screen. A button on the side should have the "scissors" icon. Tap that and you can view past footage via a scroll function. All of this is going off memory, and for all I know, the firmware and/or app update may have changed this functionality (I don't review footage except manually on my computer).
Thank you!
And here is my latest fw on mine here in the United States.

Screenshot_2016-11-11-18-23-13.png

3.5.2.10 is another release I haven't seen yet. Will check the Chinese forums to see if there is any feedback. The consensus seems to be on the Chinese forums to not upgrade, or to roll back to a previous firmware. Google translate is terrible though, even with it, it's hard to understand what is really going on.

I'm holding out and not updating just to be safe until I see some more positive comments.

Won't be checking anymore, my Mini 2 died. Will not power on anymore. I loved the video quality, and time lapse parking mode (when it worked). Won't be getting another DDPai, nor will I buy direct from China again.

Ive been using mini2 for 1 week now replacing my 3yr old G90C, here is a sample video

Paired it with M4 as my rear dashcam

Youtube looks like degraded the video resolution, mini2 is 1440p and M4 is 1080p.. I uploaded the video to YouTube using just iphone7 plus

Last edited:
How did you pair the MINI 2 with the M4 ? I'd like to the same, appreciated if you could help me! Thanks

They are not actually paired, they function independently with each own power supply and sd card.

He meant enabling Picture in Picture mode.

How did you pair the MINI 2 with the M4 ? I'd like to the same, appreciated if you could help me! Thanks

I believe you hold the cameras close to each other and press the wifi buttons for both cameras together repeatedly until you hear "pairing" or a chinese voice I think.

Back