Sample footage of Torque Pro HUD (head-up display) with ELM327 bluetooth adapter

DashcamDPR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A119 Pro, Mio Mivue 508 for the work van
A short clip off my dashcam showing an example of the Head Up Display of my Torque pro app on my old Samsung galaxy s4 sat on my dashboard. Display is widely customisable, in this clip it displays Speed from ECU, Engine RPM, Turbo Boost pressure, compass, vehicle pitch and vehicle roll... oh and the standard clock :) I constantly change it because I'm still undecided what exactly I want displayed!!

I paid £3.72 for the adapter, had Torque Lite (free) for a while before paying for Torque Pro £2.95. Bought the Adapter purely because my engine management light came on a while back and with the app it saved me a lot of money in diagnostic charges and repairs!! (needed a new EGR valve), it's amazing what the App does for so little money!!

Last edited:
Looks cool in HUD mode. I use the same setup but not in HUD mode. Saved me from having to install many gauges!

Most important gauges (if your car has the sensors for it):
Coolant temp
Oil Temp
Oil press
AT/TC temp
Battery voltage
Speed
Revs
EGT
Boost Press
GPS Altitude

I had to add custom PID's to get the transmission sensors to read.

I wonder if your dashcam would be with CPL filter would it record HUD reflection ?

Looks cool in HUD mode. I use the same setup but not in HUD mode. Saved me from having to install many gauges!

Most important gauges (if your car has the sensors for it):
Coolant temp
Oil Temp
Oil press
AT/TC temp
Battery voltage
Speed
Revs
EGT
Boost Press
GPS Altitude

I had to add custom PID's to get the transmission sensors to read.

Apparently depending on the Bluetooth adapter, not all data is given, or if several requests are sent not all are received, for example if I try to use the track recorder function with around 18 readouts, 10 of them might not work!!

I wonder if your dashcam would be with CPL filter would it record HUD reflection ?

I think it would still show due to HUD casting its own light as opposed to reflections of the dash that are having light shined onto them

Apparently depending on the Bluetooth adapter, not all data is given, or if several requests are sent not all are received, for example if I try to use the track recorder function with around 18 readouts, 10 of them might not work!!

That's probably because the BT adapter cannot keep up with the data stream of 18 read outs. Im talking about something different.

If your car has the sensor and its connected to the OBD then you will be able to see the read out. Torque doesnt have all the PID's to every sensor of every car, only the standard ones.

I had to add PID's to unlock the Transmission temps on my Toyota.

I did see something about PIDs and I recall seeing a warning of sorts suggesting along the lines of "if you don't know what you're doing, don't mess with it" lol, and I fall into that category!

Back