A119 flip display menu upside down

Frenky Tan

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, 119 Pro, 119S, Yi DashCam
Hi I was installed this A119 for my back camera, however I wondering if can flip the menu display or live view?
Because now the unit I accessing from behind and the camera facing behind of the car.

Camera settings should be accessed very rare. You can set most of the camera parameters by keeping it in the hand if rotating menu will be not offered by Viofo developers.

enjoy,
Mtz

With firmware 2.0 update there is the ability to rotate the Image, but unfortunately it rotates from side to side not up-and-down. Hopefully they will get this corrected with the next update. I usually use a mirror to look at the screen of the camera, I have in the back also which is therefore upside down otherwise. For any clips that I need to save you need to use a software program to rotate the image 180° so that it's visible. Any data do you have such as GPS coordinates will of course then be upside down. That seems to be the best way I've worked out how to use the camera in the back.

I just looked at the firmware page and they have a newer update 2.02 released today 02/21, which lists:

Change log:

1.Fixed: GPS Play back issue with Dashcam Viewer.
2.Fixed: Image Rotation Bug
3.Fixed: Play back issue on the camera
4.Updated: Screen save default option is 1 Min

Which doesn't really say what bug they fixed, but hopefully, it is the 180° rotation.

If so, this would be great as I have a dash mount (on the dash) requirement.

Ref:
http://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000019600-viofo-a119-car-dash-camera-firmware

Last edited:
Curious, I tried to look this up but they only show the most recent firmware and what changed. Is there a place to find the changes for all of the firmware updates they have done so I can find out if the ability to flip the image 180 is now available.

Every listing of the menu functions doesn't show this but they were done when the firmware was older.

Curious, I tried to look this up but they only show the most recent firmware and what changed. Is there a place to find the changes for all of the firmware updates they have done so I can find out if the ability to flip the image 180 is now available.

Every listing of the menu functions doesn't show this but they were done when the firmware was older.
Yes, you can flip the image.

Yes, you can flip the image.

thanks for the info.

Do you know of an updated list of the current menu options? One of the reasons why I asked was that I could not find a menu list that is up to date with the current firmware.

The only other way of finding the info would be to buy a unit, update to the current firmware and physically look to see what the options are.

thanks for the info.

Do you know of an updated list of the current menu options? One of the reasons why I asked was that I could not find a menu list that is up to date with the current firmware.

The only other way of finding the info would be to buy a unit, update to the current firmware and physically look to see what the options are.
I don't know of any updated list anywhere. Other Than image flip, is there another feature your looking for. Most other menu options are pretty standard.

I don't know of any updated list anywhere. Other Than image flip, is there another feature your looking for. Most other menu options are pretty standard.
No, Thanks that is basically it. Might pull the trigger tomorrow. I already have a mobius which I really like, but want the GPS function which it doesn't support. I have another use for the mobius so I will still use it in a different application.

Ordered a unit this morning. Should have it Thursday.

Am I to understand that the menu on the camera's display can NOT be flipped 180 when it's placed upside down on the dashboard? It only works for the video recorded image?
No it rotates both the recorded screen and the display screen.

Example unit with rotate on.

s08jQuNm.jpg

Recorded screenshot with it on
n3CLgTlm.png

Last edited:
Back