DDpai Mini 2

He meant enabling Picture in Picture mode.

I believe you hold the cameras close to each other and press the wifi buttons for both cameras together repeatedly until you hear "pairing" or a chinese voice I think.

Mini2 is not capable of "Pairing" nor "Picture in Picture" (PIP) mode. Only the M4 Plus has this feature of PIP Pairing

Mini2 is not capable of "Pairing" nor "Picture in Picture" (PIP) mode. Only the M4 Plus has this feature of PIP Pairing

Really? I thought the requirement was that one dashcam has a 3516D chipset and the other one has a 3516C chipset. This is why the M6 Plus is capable of pairing with mini and M6/M6C. The M4 Plus definitely isn't the only model capable of this. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Hello to all. I bought the Ddpai Mini 2 that I should get on Saturday. I'm also looking for the power supply to carry on.
I already own a Viofo A119 and that is enough for a common 12 / 5V power supply made up only of the red cable and the black cable (without the ACC) because the parking mode is activated after a while that no longer detects movement.
My father instead with his Goluk for the parking mode had to put a 3-wire power supply (red, yellow, black, where has the +12 constant, the +12 subkey and the negative).

For the DDpai Mini 2 which one do you need? The one with 3 cables or is it good for the parking mode even the 2 cables?
I put under the links of the 2 types of converters I'm talking about.
Thanks in advance

https://www.amazon.it/gp/B01EW007ME
https://www.amazon.it/gp/B072MF9JQN

Both converters are ok to go.
Normally speaking,if 2 cables style,red wire for 12v constant,black wire for the negative;
If 3 cables style,red wire for 12V constant,yellow wire for rear lamb light,black wire for the negative;

Ah ok. But parking mode works woth both converters?

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

That is right,and if hard wire to 12V constant power source,its camera will keep recording always even if engine off!

Wait...but in that way the parking mode starts however beavuse it starts after some minutes with no motion, or if i connect to dorect +12 the dashcam always record without going in parking mode?

1st step:connect to direct +12 always on;
2nd step:switch on parking mode in app;

Ah okok so it is indipendent by the ACC Wire. Perfect [emoji6] Thanks

Hello to all. I bought the Ddpai Mini 2 that I should get on Saturday. I'm also looking for the power supply to carry on.
I already own a Viofo A119 and that is enough for a common 12 / 5V power supply made up only of the red cable and the black cable (without the ACC) because the parking mode is activated after a while that no longer detects movement.
My father instead with his Goluk for the parking mode had to put a 3-wire power supply (red, yellow, black, where has the +12 constant, the +12 subkey and the negative).

For the DDpai Mini 2 which one do you need? The one with 3 cables or is it good for the parking mode even the 2 cables?
I put under the links of the 2 types of converters I'm talking about.
Thanks in advance

https://www.amazon.it/gp/B01EW007ME
https://www.amazon.it/gp/B072MF9JQN

Hello!

The DDPai mini2 goes into parking mode when it doesn't detect loud sounds for a certain amount of time. It does not detect whether the ACC wire has power or not. The ACC wire is completely unnecessary. If you connect the red wire to an always-on fuse then the dash cam will be running even when the engine is off. Parking mode also works when the engine is off as well!

The only issue I have is with the converters you provided links for because they do not allow you to adjust voltage cut-off. The converter with ACC wire cuts off at 11.5V and the converter with no ACC wire cuts off at 11.6V. If the battery gets this low then you risk a flat battery. Also repeatedly draining the battery below 12V can reduce the lifespan of your battery. I would recommend purchasing a more expensive converter such as the Vico-Power PLUS even though it is expensive but any converter with a micro-USB connection will work. Hope this helps! :)

EDIT: The Vico-Power PLUS allows you to adjust voltage cutoff (11.6/11.8/12.0/12.2/12.4V) and adjust time cutoff (optional) (Off/2/6/12/24/48/72 hours). You can even adjust temperature cutoff (Off/50/55/60/65/70/75 °C) as well! It is about 56 euros though!

Last edited:
Glad I could help! Remember the DDPai mobile app allows you to set a time cut-off (15 min, 1 hr, 6 hr or 24hr) on the camera, so you can get a cheaper converter first and save up for a Vico-Power PLUS. The converters you linked don't have very good reviews as their quality is not the best.

https://www.amazon.it/s/ref=sr_nr_p...nverter&ie=UTF8&qid=1513206871&rnid=490204031

Here are a list of converters with much better reviews. I've used DROK converters before myself and I haven't had any problems . There is no voltage cut-off but the quality is much better than most EUR 10 converters and price is also about EUR 10. Since you can use the time cut-off to turn off the camera then you don't need the voltage cut-off feature. If you want to have voltage cutoff you can save up for a Vico-Power PLUS but this will work well while you save up the money. If you like this setup you might not even need to get the Vico-Power PLUS but I recommend that you do get the Vico-Power PLUS. If you have the money then it is best to get the Vico-Power PLUS straightaway but if you don't want to pay EUR 55 then you can get the other converter first then save up for the Vico-Power PLUS

Nice.. i didn't know about it. Thanks a lot.. probably i'll take a cheaper but good converter :)

I purchased the DDPai Mini2 and have had multiple issues with the operation since installing it today. I also have a Mini0806 that I have used for over two years and outside of some heat issues have been satisfied with.

I like the form factor of the Mini2 and wanted the WiFi camera but am serously contemplating returning it. Before I do I thought I would ask here if there is something I can do to resolve the issues I have.

1. Connectivity - I installed the APP on my Pixel 2 phone running the latest version of Android. 8.1.0 however I cannot "find" the camera unless I turn off mobile data. I need my mobile data connected while I am driving so this makes the WiFi connectivity essentially useless for me.

2. Recordings - When I power on my car or connect the camera directly to a USB power supply the camera will show a flashing orange light and record video clips. (I have the parking mode turned off) however, the camera stops working despite being connected to power and stops recording. I have attached a file of the SD card directory to show the gaps.

After installation I turned the car on at 7:03 PM and drove until I was able to stop and restart the car at 8:47 PM. This restarted the camera and I drove until 10:38 PM without interruption. However the camera once again shut down randomly after only a few minutes of recording. I connected the camera at home to a power supply and checked my settings. I have the latest version of Firm Ware and all settings appear to be correct. I turned the power supply on at 11:26 PM and after roughly 5 minutes the orange light once again went out. I continued to keep the camera powered on with the power supply until 11:59 PM and then disconnected.

I was not able to get the camera to power back on with the orange light on until 12:16 AM.

I may just have a faulty camera out of the box but if I am missing something any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I will continue to use my Mini0806.

Thanks

Attachments

• DDPai File Directory.JPG
    DDPai File Directory.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 14
2. Recordings - When I power on my car or connect the camera directly to a USB power supply the camera will show a flashing orange light and record video clips. (I have the parking mode turned off) however, the camera stops working despite being connected to power and stops recording. I have attached a file of the SD card directory to show the gaps.

Hello KPDavids. Did you ever solve this problem of the camera shutting down and needing a power cycle to bring it back? I have a similar problem in which, when I park, my DDPAI Mini 2 carries on recoding for a while (orange led), then goes into parking mode (blue led) for a while, then completely shuts down (no led, no wifi, nothing). It requires me to pull out the mini USB and put it back again to get it restarted. The camera is connected to continuous power, which is definitely not going off. Pretty disappointing...

Are you sure you haven't got it on a shut down setting ?

Are you sure you haven't got it on a shut down setting ?
I do have it on a shutdown setting, but my understanding (mainly from an image on Amazon) is that it should shutdown, then reactivate on a g-sensor input (such as when I drive off). It doesn't do that. It just stays hard off and only a power cycle will re-awaken it. That's hard, when it's hard-wired! Is that how it's *supposed* to work?

The image is fake and does not appear on the Ddpai website for any of the cameras .

The image is fake and does not appear on the Ddpai website for any of the cameras .
Hmm... yes I’ve heard people say that (that the image is fake). And yet the funny thing is that the seller on Amazon (in the UK at least) is ddpai themselves. They’ve even answered a number of questions by saying “refer to image 5 on Amazon”. Weird.

This is frustrating because it means that in a hard-wired, always powered context, you presumably either have to leave the camera on all the time or accept that when it shuts down it will need the plug pulling :-(

Back