G1W-S blurry video

PirateJoshua

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just "upgraded" from a G1W-C and the image quality between the two are crazy. The G1W-S is blurry and washed out and you can't even see leaves, trees are just one big bush.

I did take the plastic off the lens before you ask.

G1W-S
treen.png busn.png

G1W-C
treeo.png buso.png

I just noticed there are dead pixels as well. I returned it to Amazon and will be buying something else.

This "name brand" is worse quality than my "Chinese junk" spytec g1w-c I bought 2 years ago. Really disappointed.
They are both made by Viofo. You may have simply received a dud. It happens.

My G1W-S does disappoint a little in the daytime, but my G1W-S is not this bad in daytime so I think you got a dud :( Let it be known that even the good G1W-S's seem to have lost a little in daytime performance to give you what they do at night. which borders on being excellent for a dashcam :) Overall I think it's a good cam and a darn good value; YMMV

Glad you're getting the issue resolved and sorry you had problems. May your next cam be an anomaly from the other end of the QC scale :cool:

Phil

I couldn't find an Amazon listing for it from them. Maybe they will reply to this thread and we can get somewhere!

We are still working with Amazon on correcting a inventory and listing discrepancy on our G1W-S. Until then, it is not available for sale. Unfortunately, Amazon is dragging their feet with this, and I do not have a ETA yet. I will post once the listing is live.

Back