GPS Trackers

christhomas90

Reaction score
Country
United States
hey guys, what do you think about GPS tracker devices, are they any good?

Some of them are good. It really depends if you just want to track or if you want geofencing, push notifications etc. My experience with a tracker that contains teltonika hardware has been very good. The cheap Chinese ones are very imprecise and spotty. But I think that even with a good tracker what is relevant is the tracking service you use.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

I haven't researched these in years, but there's probably still a subscription service needed to send you the info and that us why I never pursued it any further. I'm pretty tight with my money :rolleyes:

Phil

With chinese trackers you can access web-based tracking platforms and smartphone (poorly designed) apps for free. But the service you receive is leveled with what you pay. In other cases, with more expensive trackers, you have to subscribe to a service, or sometimes a 1-3 year service contract is included in the buying price. it's a pretty variable world.

Yeah I've been searching them on and off for the past weeks, some of them can be quite expensive and on the other scale I've seen some really iffy deals. Though its kinda nice knowing that a lot of them are small. I'm thinking of putting one on my bike. To track a trail and of course in case it gets stolen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Off Topic 0